Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dance Team, Cheerleaders and Band not going to Bowl Game?

Is it true that the band, cheerleaders and dance team are not traveling to the bowl game?
Back to the top

Re: Dance Team, Cheerleaders and Band not going to Bowl Game?

FAU said

Is it true that the band, cheerleaders and dance team are not traveling to the bowl game?

It is true that the band will not be going to the game.

The DT doesn't usually travel with the football team (I think they only have three times since 2002; once this year, once for the NO Bowl last year and once on a student bus in 2002 to USF), so I would assume they aren't going.

The small squad (six) Cheer team travel to all football games and Owsley the mascot does to. As far as them going or not going, I haven't heard anything. But I would assume that they would be going.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

FAU said

It is true that the band will not be going to the game.

The DT doesn't usually travel with the football team (I think they only have three times since 2002; once this year, once for the NO Bowl last year and once on a student bus in 2002 to USF), so I would assume they aren't going.

The small squad (six) Cheer team travel to all football games and Owsley the mascot does to. As far as them going or not going, I haven't heard anything. But I would assume that they would be going.

I would assume that the mascot and cheer squad will be there just so ESPN can show them as they come out of commercial breaks.
Back to the top

Dance Team, Cheerleaders and Band not going to Bowl Game?

it is going to suck cause even though the band doesnt go to most away games anyways….bowl games are different and i dont know why athletics would campaign to get the school in a bowl game just to not send the primary groups that support the team.
were gonna throw one hell of a watch party though i guess
Back to the top

horned_owl said

it is going to suck cause even though the band doesnt go to most away games anyways….bowl games are different and i dont know why athletics would campaign to get the school in a bowl game just to not send the primary groups that support the team.
were gonna throw one hell of a watch party though i guess

1 word $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

It really is going to be embarrassing with none of them there.  Especially on ESPN. What about the luncheon when both teams cheerleaders and band come out?
Back to the top

guys… you are forgetting…

FAU Football has been around for EIGHT years

CMU Football has been around since 1896

we simply don't have the resources to throw money around YET

yes, it sucks, but it's the  truth

someone on ted's blog said it best:

paraphrased: "10 years from now, we'll laugh at how frugal we had to be in 2008… we'll have money out the ying-yang"

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

owl09 said

you are forgetting…

To add:

A week ago no one even thought we had a chance at being in a bowl?

Maybe we should be happy we are going, and call it a day…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owl09 said

you are forgetting…

To add:

A week ago no one even thought we had a chance at being in a bowl?

Maybe we should be happy we are going, and call it a day…

p.s. sorry i forgot to respond to your PM… check your PMs in like 60 seconds

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

This is awful news! FAU - yes, we all know about budget issues - is so shortsighted in not sending 50-75 people who are the team's biggest and most vocal fans and would produce fantastically value publicity for the university.

I'll bet a bunch of fatcats will somehow end up there on the butts doing nothing for FAU than taking up seats.

The band would be a great FAU ambassador, provide wonderful entertainment (in person and on TV) and more than pay its way in increased public opinion of the university.

Not having the band (or cheerleaders, for that matter) will make FAU look bush league and cause embarrassing posts, newspaper articles and maybe even TV and radio mentions. Use your imagination: "Wow, 27,000 students in Boca Raton, Fla., and not enough money to send the band? Maybe the musicians can't get a weekend pass from the nursing home."

If the funds to msend these groups are not available from the bowl, university or even the SunBelt (it helped out MTSU with hundreds of thousands of dollars at the MCB in 2006), why not start a fund-raising effort? We could each donate to sponsor a band member. Well-heeled alumni and pro musical folks might donate. The TV and radio stations would get involved and the money would just show up.

I hope FAU doesn't just stick its head in the sand and let this opportunity for great positive image go down the drain.
Back to the top
Control functions: