Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Monday Practice

Owl Faithful!  Let's show up at Monday's practice!  Don't forget next Friday's Coach's breakfast!
Back to the top

Re: Monday Practice

howard said

Owl Faithful!  Let's show up at Monday's practice!  Don't forget next Friday's Coach's breakfast!

Our leader has spoken!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

LOL.

I did hear something about one or two university staff members trying to rally a crowd for one practice and the team sendoff. I'll let y'all know if I hear anything else.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Howard does indeed email as we all know...he emailed me before the MSU game...so is this him? If so I bow...ha
Back to the top

After what happened last year when Coach Cooney came on here lol I'm not going to put it past any coach to come on here anymore

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

howard said

What time is practice on Monday? 12/15/08?

What time is the Breakfast? 12/19/08?

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

I'll be there for practice!!!
What time is everybody getting there?

GO OWLS!!!!
Back to the top

You are lucky you can watch a practice.  Our practice sessions are closed - period.  That includes spring practice, fall practice and practice sessions during the season.  If you are a significant donor to the athletic department and are considered one of the "inner circle" you will be given the chance to watch at least one practice as a member of a group of insiders.  However the athletic department does back down on that closed door policy and opens the spring game to the public, but the coaches don't show anything so you really don't learn much about the team on either side of the ball.  I don't like it but that's the way it has been since Jones took over.  I guess he learned that at West Virginia.
Back to the top

midlandchip said

You are lucky you can watch a practice.  Our practice sessions are closed - period.  That includes spring practice, fall practice and practice sessions during the season.  If you are a significant donor to the athletic department and are considered one of the "inner circle" you will be given the chance to watch at least one practice as a member of a group of insiders.  However the athletic department does back down on that closed door policy and opens the spring game to the public, but the coaches don't show anything so you really don't learn much about the team on either side of the ball.  I don't like it but that's the way it has been since Jones took over.  I guess he learned that at West Virginia.

I never understand why some coaches take this approach.  What are they afraid will happen?  I realize they don't want some "secrets" getting out, but really, what is going on most days at a practice that needs to be top secret?  It's not like opposing teams don't have every play a has run for a decade on film.  Just seems unnecessarily un-fan friendly to me. 
Back to the top

Monday Practice

fauowls44 said

I never understand why some coaches take this approach.  What are they afraid will happen?  I realize they don't want some "secrets" getting out, but really, what is going on most days at a practice that needs to be top secret?

He doesn't word to get out that they will employing a passing game in the Bowl…

FAU is expecting them to run on every down…
Back to the top
Control functions: