Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Preview: FAU @ UD

Add topic

Preview: FAU @ UD

FAU (4-5) @ University of Denver (2-6)
Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2008 - Magness Arena
9:00 p.m. ET

Rocky Mountain High Score?

FAU and Denver have split the only two meetings 1-1. The two teams have played one regular season game annually during the past two seasons, but will play twice this year. Led by 24 points from Carlos Monroe, FAU beat Denver in overtime 70-68 last season in Boca Raton whikle playing in the Lynn "Gymnasium".  Denver won at Magness Arena, 90-85 in Jan. of 2007.  Don't expect that score to ever happen again between the two Teams. UD runs the snail game Princeton offense now, and will look to lull thier opponent to sleep then hit them with the back door pass.

UD had a terrible start at 0-5 and recently picked up two gimme games to add some hint of winning to thier record.

The Pioneers (2-6) finished 11-19 last season in the program's first year under head coach Joe Scott. Their 56.2 points per game ranks 322 out of 330 NCAA teams in scoring offense. The Pioneers do make eight 3-pointers per night which is near the NCAA lead. Denver is being outrebounded this season by nearly eight boards per game (29-21 on average). They are coming off a 62-58 victory over South Dakota State at Magness Arena on Saturday, where the team was 7-2 a year ago.

Media Coverage

Ken LaVicka will call Tuesday night's game on WFTL - 640 AM with additional audio links available via FAUSPORTS.com.  GAMETRACKER will also be provided on FAUSPORTS.com.

Owl's Nest Prediction

Again, which team will show up for FAU?  The one that blew out SLU last on the home court, or the weary road warriors?  FAU has got to ditch the bi-polar parity between road games and home games.  Believe they know how "serious" things are tonight as this is a conference game.  One they should, and need to, win to start off on a good note.

Here is the Vegas view of the game:

And, here is The Owl's Nest view:

FAU is off to a good start in SBC Play at 1-0.

FAU - 4

Sources: FAU, UD Media Relations
Back to the top

Re: Preview: FAU @ UD

"Media Coverage

Ken LaVicka will call Saturday night's game in Boca Raton on WFTL - 640 AM with additional audio links available via FAUSPORTS.com.  GAMETRACKER will also be provided on FAUSPORTS.com."

You mean Tuesday night in Denver? lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

No, i meant Saturday…

:D

Have to use templates to keep these quick!
Back to the top

The local paper, the Rocky Mountain News, has the Owls as 3-point favorites. I hope they don't freeze getting inside the gym. The temperature right now is 31, and it will drop like a rock once the sun goes down (about 4:30 p.m. Mountain Time). The low tonight is expected to be 17 – which is a vast improvement from two nights ago when it was minus 17 (a record).

In case the FAU broadcast goes out, the Denver broadcast is on KLZ-AM 560, starting at 7 p.m. Mountain Time (9 p.m. Eastern):

The Light | 5:60
Back to the top

grayowl said

The local paper, the Rocky Mountain News, has the Owls as 3-point favorites. I hope they don't freeze getting inside the gym. The temperature right now is 31, and it will drop like a rock once the sun goes down (about 4:30 p.m. Mountain Time). The low tonight is expected to be 17 – which is a vast improvement from two nights ago when it was minus 17 (a record).

In case the FAU broadcast goes out, the Denver broadcast is on KLZ-AM 560, starting at 7 p.m. Mountain Time (9 p.m. Eastern):

The Light | 5:60

stay warm grayowl!
Back to the top

Thanks for the thought. It is easier at Denver games, where beer, wine and hard liquor are sold inside the arena. (DU plays hockey in the same arena -- and could you imagine a hockey game without beer?) In any case, these liquids can help one brace for the evening chill.
Back to the top

WITH CARLOS BACK I LIKE THE OWLS WINNING BY 15.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

WITH CARLOS BACK I LIKE THE OWLS WINNING BY 15.

Exit,

Keep your $ in your pocket my friend…this team is too volatile to bet on ;D
Back to the top

Too late for that, let's get one.
Back to the top

We have BIG problems on the road usually hopefully we can get this big important SBC win
Back to the top
Control functions: