Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Big East Expansion

I just heard from a sports wrighter out of Atlanta that East Carolina and Memphis are moving to the Big East later this year... SO maybe C-USA will be looking to fill the two spots with Sun-belt teams?!?
Back to the top

Re: Big East Expansion

Trojan1 said

I just heard from a sports wrighter out of Atlanta that East Carolina and Memphis are moving to the Big East later this year… SO maybe C-USA will be looking to fill the two spots with Sun-belt teams?!?

Now there's a thought… can you provide any links to any of your sources????
Back to the top

Aren't the conferences frozen until a certain date? Any idea when that date is?
Back to the top

Commercial Appeal
Memphis Tiger Blog

Memphis Future Move

The future for UM athletics could include a conference upgrade. Sources within the Tiger Athletic Department have confirmed what many have speculated - the Tigers are planning a move to The Big East Conference. They would be followed by East Carolina. Sources indicate that Big East officials have met with Memphis and East Carolina officials about future football scheduling to ease the transition. Obviously, this would be a welcome move for football because who can get excited about playing UTEP, SMU or Rice. For basketball it would be a goldmine.

This is currently being talked about on GOTROYTROJANS.COM
Back to the top

Big East Expansion

Link to page, please?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I dont know where the link is...That was copyed and pasted from GOTROYTROJANS.COM...although I Live in the Atlanta Metro and have a buddy in the sports business, and he said there is talks of a conference shake up this off season...This message on GOTROYTROJANS.com just really got me interested after what I was told!
Back to the top

No offense to FIU but if this does happen I see C-USA taking Troy and FAU. It would create an instant rivalry between FAU and UCF and we all know Troy is too good for the Sun-Belt

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

We'll play them then…because frantly, i'm tired of playing in Lousiana…Texas has better recruiting grounds…

Not to mention, it would be nice to add hoops and have DOH-erty back to the burrow for a serious butt whacking…….
Back to the top

I HOPE SO!!! But I do see either Troy and FAU or ASU going to C-USA if there really is a shake up! Although the teams are about equal to Sun-belt, but there is a lot more Bowl Tie-ins which is always good.
Back to the top

I like the additional bowl tie ins... and although I love the Sun Belt... it is the least respected of the conferences... we would do good to get out...
Back to the top
Control functions: