Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pregame and/or Postgame Functions Close to Ford Field

Pregame and/or Postgame Functions Close to Ford Field

Hello Detroit bound fans!

It looks like Jose has things coming together for those that can’t actually make the trip to Detroit and the Motor City Bowl itself.  However, for those that are traveling, I was kind of wondering if, rather than hope that we are all lucky enough to run into a watering hole that has a small FAU flag waving over outside of it like we did in Austin, TX (which we most likely won’t run into in Detroit), has anyone done enough research on the city to be able to suggest a place that we might meet for both a Pregame party and/or Postgame function?  We will not be lacking in strength in terms of support for FAU in Detroit on game day, but we will be relatively few in numbers.  I know FAU might have some type of “official” function but it might also be nice to have an additional "local’s" bar there that we can agree upon as a meeting place close to Ford Field before and/or after the game.  Suggestions?  Maybe even some of the CMU faithful can help us out here!
Back to the top

Re: Pregame and/or Postgame Functions Close to Ford Field

I will look into this and let you know.

I'll contact FAU through e-mail and wait for a response. Maybe they have something set up?

If they don't, I'll make some calls and see what we can get set up for the night of the game. I would assume doing something at the team hotel the night before the game (Dec. 25) would be best so that we could visit with the players, and because the hotel has already said the bar/restaurant will be open.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: Pregame and/or Postgame Functions Close to Ford Field

Back to the top
Control functions: