Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Something Interesting....

A buddy of mine that works at the University of Michigan's Athletic Dept told me that Coach Rich Rodriguez plans on attending the Motor City Bowl. As for reason, I am not exactly sure, but I think it could be a good guess that its because it is a Big Ten bowl and he wants their to be a hint of B10 representation.

On another note…I hope coach HS and Craig Angelos can speak with Michigan regarding both ours and Michigan's open spot in the schedule next yr….just sayin!

GO OWLS
Back to the top

Re: Something Interesting....

FAUALUM2005 said

A buddy of mine that works at the University of Michigan's Athletic Dept told me that Coach Rich Rodriguez plans on attending the Motor City Bowl. As for reason, I am not exactly sure, but I think it could be a good guess that its because it is a Big Ten bowl and he wants their to be a hint of B10 representation.

On another note…I hope coach HS and Craig Angelos can speak with Michigan regarding both ours and Michigan's open spot in the schedule next yr….just sayin!

GO OWLS

IF THAT WOULD HAPPEN…. ROAD TRIP!!!!!!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Something Interesting....

Dunno…I still want a I-AA game to fill that spot.  It counts toward Bowl eligibility and it would be good to get an "easy" win mixed in with our BCS games. 
Back to the top

I want the $$$$$$, and Michigan would bring it! Not to hit a sore spot, but it could help the stadium cause right?

GO OWLS
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Dunno…I still want a I-AA game to fill that spot.  It counts toward Bowl eligibility and it would be good to get an "easy" win mixed in with our BCS games.

I didnt think FCS games counted towards bowl eligbility?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Yes, all victories count towards bowl eligibility (six wins). But it's a general assumption that your FCS schools would hurt your strength of schedule. For someone like FAU, who isn't going to be making a run at the BCS in the next two or three years, my feeling is that they don't need to worry about their strength of schedule as much as … say… Florida, Texas, Ohio State, etc. So at this point, as we continue to build, a win is a win is a win, and a bowl game is a bowl game is a bowl game.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Yes, all victories count towards bowl eligibility (six wins). But it's a general assumption that your FCS schools would hurt your strength of schedule. For someone like FAU, who isn't going to be making a run at the BCS in the next two or three years, my feeling is that they don't need to worry about their strength of schedule as much as … say… Florida, Texas, Ohio State, etc. So at this point, as we continue to build, a win is a win is a win, and a bowl game is a bowl game is a bowl game.

I would like to point out as well that those teams aren't afraid to mix in an FCS opponent. Heck, in the case of OU they didn't even have to worry about beating Texas. My point is those top tier teams from top BCS conferences rarely worry about their perceived or actual strength of schedule.

Also, a win against an FCS team counts towards bowl eligibility.  However, if a team has two wins against FCS teams then that team must finish at least 7-5 to be bowl eligible
Back to the top

FAUALUM2005 said

I want the $$$$$$, and Michigan would bring it! Not to hit a sore spot, but it could help the stadium cause right?

Money, exposure, etc
Back to the top

CMU coach Butch Jones & Rodriguiz are good friends. Jones coached under him at West Virginia. Ann Arobor is 40 minutes from Detroit.
Back to the top

Maybe Rich wants to talk to HS about a spot when he retires. Of course the $$$ would be a bit of a problem. :P
Back to the top
Control functions: