Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

If we could only hit fast foward???? RESPECT? GO OWLS!

Frustrations:

I'm sick of Sports Illustrated and ESPN not giving us the credit we deserve!

I have written SI twice and they did not publish my letter to the editor???  I wrote them (January 2008) about how we were the youngest NCAA football team ever to go and win a bowl game!!  Why? Why? Why?  Just give us some LOVE!!!

I wish I could fast forward to the day they are kissing our A@#!!!!!

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

Re: If we could only hit fast foward???? RESPECT? GO OWLS!

Why are you soooo needy?  Respect is earned not given.  We have a ways to go before we earn the type of accolades you are begging for.  Give the program time… we are still taking baby steps.
Back to the top

HOTEL said

Why are you soooo needy?  Respect is earned not given.  We have a ways to go before we earn the type of accolades you are begging for.  Give the program time… we are still taking baby steps.

Why do you need to stir the pot?  Are you telling me that deep down inside you do not feel the same way or most OWLS feel the same way?  I know that we deserve better–yes we have had a rough year, but we still deserve better!  I am not needy and I have never begged!  Go stir the pot on the Chippewa's website!!!!!
Back to the top

Deserve better than what? We're not in the National Championship man. I'm as happy as most grounded individuals on here but lets be serious, we deserve about as much respect as every other 6-6 team in the nation. Are you upset that we're not getting picked to win on Friday by their "experts?" We haven't exactly set the world on fire this year.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Deserve better than what? We're not in the National Championship man. I'm as happy as most grounded individuals on here but lets be serious, we deserve about as much respect as every other 6-6 team in the nation. Are you upset that we're not getting picked to win on Friday by their "experts?" We haven't exactly set the world on fire this year.

No, I'm not upset that we are the underdogs!  Of course we are deserving of that, but you have to agree we did not get a fair shake or great press on winning last year!  I'm just asking for more RESPECT!  I guess I just bleed FAU!  Does anyone agree–wouldn't it be nice to be one of the first teams thought of when you think of NCAA football in Florida?

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

no…

it would be nice if this ridiculous thread was never started

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

owl09 said

no…

Why don't you start something worth while!  What do you know '09, your still wet behind the ears!
Back to the top

owl09 said

no…

That was kinda the point of my post…  Base yourself in reality and you can not be deceived.  The team had an OK season.  They are in a OK bowl against an OK opponent.  I am still happy they are there and I still want them to win.  I just don't give a crap what logo SI or Yahoo sports uses or who picks the Owls to win or lose.  When the team gets to a BCS bowl, I bet they get all the stuff right!
Back to the top

If we could only hit fast foward???? RESPECT? GO OWLS!

Fair enough!  I will close this topic and wait for you guy's to start something worth while!

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top