Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Will it always be the Suckbelt? And are we doomed to stay in it?

So, after watching Troy self implode YET AGAIN in a 4th quarter, it got me to thinking.

Will the SunBelt always be mired in inconsistency? When will a Sunbelt Team be able to win and win consistently against BCS and other OOC games? Oh sure, weve seen the one hit wonders that happen every other year or so but for the most part SunBelt teams just CANT get it done against these schools. Many of the teams in it, Troy especially, seem to have the talent and coaching to take it to the next level but just cant seem to close on the deal.  >:(

FAU is rapidly becomeing one of these teams, but what will propel us BEYOND the one hit wonders of the SunBelt?

So my point in this,  all of this talk of confrence realiniging, moving up, moving sideways and so forth REALLY is moot untill we CONSITENTLY get it done. I know, I know, USF got moved into the Big East and was not succesful before hand, but that was probalby a once in a century opportuinity that they were in a position to take advantage of.

The MCB game just became SO much more important then it was before if you can imagine that. Now FAU has a real opportunity to put itself in position so that if/when the confrences shake themselves up we are the ones that they say "You know FAU, would be a good addition" The name needs to be in the forefront.

Oh yeah, one last thing. THE STADIUM.

This has to be done or else all of hard work done by HS and the Team at FAU will be moot.

I better see some bulldozers on campus PRETTY damn quick. GET IT DONE. Naming rights, developmental deal, Whatever it takes. Success on the field can take us a long way, but without the facilites behind it is all moot.

WHEW, Rant for the day over.  ;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Will it always be the Suckbelt? And are we doomed to stay in it?

Will it always be the Suckbelt? And are we doomed to stay in it?

owlfamily said

So, after watching Troy self implode YET AGAIN in a 4th quarter, it got me to thinking.

Will the SunBelt always be mired in inconsistency? When will a Sunbelt Team be able to win and win consistently against BCS and other OOC games? Oh sure, weve seen the one hit wonders that happen every other year or so but for the most part SunBelt teams just CANT get it done against these schools. Many of the teams in it, Troy especially, seem to have the talent and coaching to take it to the next level but just cant seem to close on the deal.  >:(

Troy would have won against several teams last year had they been granted a bowl berth. I maintain that their inexperienced QB gave away the NOB with bad passing in the second half. He also had no mobility to speak of.

Omar Haugabook, on the other hand, could have gotten it done.

But it is what it is.

And to the SBC's credit - although they weren't bowl games - MTSU and ASU both had nice OOC wins at the beginning of the season thus showing that strength is building in our conference. The problem is that the SBC teams aren't very deep; Troy is about the only team that can plug-and-play like a BCS team. Other SBC teams start out strong and then lose their starters, so it all goes downhill from there. Look what happened to us when Paris and Harmon got knocked out.

At least we got one of them back.
Back to the top
Control functions: