Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Van Valkenburgh may be heading for Purdue, too..................

Coach Van Valkenburgh may be heading for Purdue, too..................

The Purdue defensive coordinator spot remains a mystery, coach Danny Hope may hire Florida Atlantic linebacker coach Kurt Van Valkenburgh according to rivals.
Back to the top

Re: Coach Van Valkenburgh may be heading for Purdue, too..................

Would be a good nod to our program if they did…i mean, sure we would have to fill a spot, but what does it say if a BIG 10 program wants two of our coaches…

Says enough…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Would be a good nod to our program if they did…i mean, sure we would have to fill a spot, but what does it say if a BIG 10 program wants two of our coaches…

Says enough…

oy! That would stink if we lose our offensive and defensive minds!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Not that Van is our defensive coordinator, but he is the asst. head coach.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Florida_Owl said

Says enough…

oy! That would stink if we lose our offensive and defensive minds!

Double-edged sword. Losing Nord is tough but maybe we need some fresh blood on defense.
Back to the top

Coach Van is a very intense coach on the field & has been with coach like for ever.

Would hate to see him go, but I don't blame him if he leave to become a Defense Coordinator, the guy has a wealth of knowledge that will be missed.

Back to the top

Why are our top coaches quitting ? Is something up ??
This doesn't seem right they would both leave Coach S …. and for the same school, for not even head coaching jobs  ….. ?
Does $$$ count that much or is the economy making everyone crazy !!

How could they leave our OWLS !?!?!?
Back to the top

I re-read what the little blurb said and I'm not giving any credibility to Rivals on this. The sentence starts with "Some" and the way I read that…. it's a reporter asking people what is going on and that "some" think the coach MAY ask Coach Van.

Coach Van isn't leaving.  ;)

Back to the top

FAUFBL said

Why are our top coaches quitting ? Is something up ??
This doesn't seem right they would both leave Coach S …. and for the same school, for not even head coaching jobs  ….. ?
Does $$$ count that much or is the economy making everyone crazy !!

How could they leave our OWLS !?!?!?

Nord and perhaps Coach Van aren't "quitting".  Not many of us would turn down a more high profile new job with a big increase in pay, so why would we expect our coaches to do so?  It happens all over college football.  Coaches leave for percieved "better" jobs.  The good news is there are a lot of very qualified coaches out there.  If Coach Van leaves, and there is no confirmed word that he is even a real candidate for the Purdue job, I'm sure HS will bring in someone just as qualified.  The fact that Big Ten teams are impressed by the job our coaches have done is a good thing.  It means we are on the right track.

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top
Control functions: