Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Motor City Bowl Headlines - 12/24

Motor City Bowl Headlines - 12/24

Stories that Google has sent me or that I have found in regards to the Owls as the MCB:

Florida Atlantic's Players Savor Snow - The Detroit News
"I promised them a winter wonderland, and they got it," FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger said. "The kids are pretty happy about the snow, it's something exciting and different."

Schnellenberger, 74, sticks with what works at FAU - The Detroit News
"There isn't much missing from the Howard Schnellenberger resume. He was an All-American tight end at Kentucky under Paul "Bear" Bryant. He won two Super Bowl rings as a coach, and was offensive coordinator for the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins. He was the head coach of the 1983 Miami Hurricanes, who won the national championship. He was on Bryant's staff at Alabama when the Crimson Tide captured national titles in 1961, 1964 and 1965. He helped rebuild the Hurricanes football program, upgrade Louisville's, and now is hoping to create the same magic with Florida Atlantic. Schellenberger, 74, has been with the Owls from the start, helping launch the program in 1998. "

FAU's Schnellenberger compares his job to fatherhood ahead of Motor City Bowl - Detroit Free Press
"To Schnellenberger, his time at FAU (6-6, 4-3) ranks as the most special of his storied career.
'Not from what we accomplished, but who we accomplished it with,” he said today. “At Florida Atlantic University, we had to be the father, uncle and pastor of this football team. The accomplishments we had here are with what I would compare with my children. These are blood children of us. We were there for conception and birth and confirmation and bar mitzvahs and so forth.'”

Many Owls savor first snow experience - Palm Beach Post Blog
 "The fun continued after practice _ which was held indoors at Ford Field _ when Lavoris Williams, Nick Paris and Erick McIntosh started diving into a snow covered grassy area outside of the stadium."

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: