Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Team Staying in Detroit

This is from Ted Hutton's Blog……

"STAYING IN DETROIT: Just heard that the Detroit airport is socked in (imagine that) and the team is staying the night in Detroit instead of flying back right after the game and arriving in Boca at 5 a.m. So if the Owls win, they can celebrate with fans.
It will cost someone – probably the Sun Belt – and extra $18,000.)"

My question is, why is it the sun-belts problem? I hope they pay the extra money but how is it their problem and not ours?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Team Staying in Detroit

Team Staying in Detroit

Jab979 said

This is from Ted Hutton's Blog……

"STAYING IN DETROIT: Just heard that the Detroit airport is socked in (imagine that) and the team is staying the night in Detroit instead of flying back right after the game and arriving in Boca at 5 a.m. So if the Owls win, they can celebrate with fans.
It will cost someone – probably the Sun Belt – and extra $18,000.)"

My question is, why is it the sun-belts problem? I hope they pay the extra money but how is it their problem and not ours?

Because FAU doesn't have the money. This bowl trip was subsidized by the SBC which made this victory all that much better. I'm sure the SBC is glad they invested in a victory. The only SBC post season victory.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Icing on the cake…

No offense to anyone else in the conference, but who else could possibly compete with tonight's "story"…

Back to the top

Kinda glad they got the extra night now they can celebrate with the fans and frolic in the snow lol. Getting on a plane now and landing at 5am would be TORTURE. Hopefully they can come back tomorrow in the afternoon so we can get a few people over to the Ox to welcome them home. I'm sure it would be a nice surprise for them if they came back and got off the bus to see a few fans waiting for them rather then no one. Let them know we care

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Yes, it will be better if it is later than 5:00 AM……………But, whether it was 2 in the morning or 2 in the sunny afternoon, there are the hard core faithful who support these great young men and their coaches no matter what. I for one wish to thank the seniors for one last fantastic game in their time here at FAU, wish the Very Best to the new Perdue OC, and thank Coach and his staff for a fabulous turnaround season which exemplifies "to believe is to be strong" 
Back to the top
Control functions: