Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Utah..

Add topic

Let me get this straight.

Utah has a more difficult Strength of Schedule than Southern Cal and Alabama, and a close SOS to Penn State

If any of said teams had gone undefeated, they are in the National Championship game.

Florida got into the National Championship game by beating Alabama 31-20.
Utah beat Alabama 31-17 in the Sugar Bowl.

And of course, Utah is undefeated.

The Mountain West is the best way for the BCS to be torn down and create a truly level playing field.  If they continue to produce quality teams that can go undefeated and beat anyone they go up against, the slow rumble of the MWC will bring down this system.

DOWN WITH THE BCS.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Utah..

Utah..

SeminOWL2006 said

Let me get this straight.

Utah has a more difficult Strength of Schedule than Southern Cal and Alabama, and a close SOS to Penn State

If any of said teams had gone undefeated, they are in the National Championship game.

Florida got into the National Championship game by beating Alabama 31-20.
Utah beat Alabama 31-17 in the Sugar Bowl.

And of course, Utah is undefeated.

The Mountain West is the best way for the BCS to be torn down and create a truly level playing field.  If they continue to produce quality teams that can go undefeated and beat anyone they go up against, the slow rumble of the MWC will bring down this system.

DOWN WITH THE BCS.

Well, being that ESPN (which i hate) has bought the rights to broadcast the BCS don't expect playoffs anytime soon.
Back to the top

Utah looked very tough against Alabama. The Mountain West traditionally has had some very good schools (Utah and BYU among them), though the conference (relatively young) has been uneven. This year's performances by MWC schools against the Pac 10 provide yet more evidence. (I saw Air Force host Utah early in the season – the Utes won, 30-23 – and Utah has just gotten better and better.) If you look at Florida, Oklahoma, USC and Utah as the top four (as I do), you might like to see the Florida-Oklahoma winner take on the Utah-USC winner for the real championship. But don't hold your breat for the greedy folks who run the BCS to make a change. They have no interest in sharing the wealth. Rather, it will have to be seized from them.
Back to the top

If Utahs SOS is ranked tougher than Alabamas then its official, the system used to determine SOS is a joke just like the rest of the BCS system. Utah is a great team dont get me wrong but it took them playing their best game they could possibly ever play against an Alabama team that played their worst game of the season and could have cared less about being in New Orleans. And i hate Alabama.

I agree the BCS is garbage.  Its nothing but a popularity contest for the major programs.  Its two real major determining factors used to pick a national champion is current populairity in the public eye and timing your losses right. 
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: