Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Monroe's Status...

Add topic

Appearantly, he missed an exam he was suppose to take, and has to sit out until it is submitted.

He is expected to play on Thursday.

Good news!
Back to the top

Re: Monroe's Status...

Florida_Owl said

Appearantly, he missed an exam he was suppose to take, and has to sit out until it is submitted.

He is expected to play on Thursday.

Good news!

Was it missed because he was on the road? Or was it missed because he skipped class that day?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

beyond the point of caring about him any more…..he doesnt care about this basketball team…..

It's a shame….soo much talent, him and PG3 would tear it up……
Back to the top

Monroe's Status...

That is so strange. He said he spent all summer working out with his father on the basketball court. I thought he was going to buckle down in his last year and try to have his best season as well as keep his grades up.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/11/13/a11b_fau_hoops_1114.html

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

In all fairness to Los, how many exams are taking place right now (it's the second day of class)?

I think one can put two and two together on this…not all his fault?
Back to the top

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing Florida Owl. Maybe the exam was a make up from over the break?

I don't want to add to the speculation, but I think Nunzio, although harsh, hit the nail on the head:

STUDENT-athlete…. part of being a student-athlete is not only living up to the "student" part, but also keeping everything in line to help the team.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing Florida Owl. Maybe the exam was a make up from over the break?

I don't want to add to the speculation, but I think Nunzio, although harsh, hit the nail on the head:

STUDENT-athlete…. part of being a student-athlete is not only living up to the "student" part, but also keeping everything in line to help the team.

HARSH?!?!?!?!?!!?  ME?

NEVER!
Back to the top

i dont think its being harsh considering the fact hes getting the same education we all got except he gets it for free. i can understand once but when its repetitve, well im not gonna even get into what i honestly think about that. trust me, with the benefits and the support college athletes have at their disposal its completely rediculous things like this happen.
Back to the top

RoscoeOwl said

i dont think its being harsh considering the fact hes getting the same education we all got except he gets it for free. i can understand once but when its repetitve, well im not gonna even get into what i honestly think about that. trust me, with the benefits and the support college athletes have at their disposal its completely rediculous things like this happen.

I was an office talking to a professor when two football players came in to argue for an opportunity to make up a quiz they had missed because of the travel involved for an out-of-state football game. The professor reminded them that they knew the football schedule ahead of time and asked why they're trying to reschedule their quiz after the fact instead of beforehand.

They had no answer for that. They just kept repeating that they were trying to do the right thing and why wouldn't she let them do the right thing?

She said the right thing would have been to plan ahead.

She eventually consented but… this is one of the reasons why players get into academic trouble.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

RoscoeOwl said

I was an office talking to a professor when two football players came in to argue for an opportunity to make up a quiz they had missed because of the travel involved for an out-of-state football game. The professor reminded them that they knew the football schedule ahead of time and asked why they're trying to reschedule their quiz after the fact instead of beforehand.

They had no answer for that. They just kept repeating that they were trying to do the right thing and why wouldn't she let them do the right thing?

She said the right thing would have been to plan ahead.

She eventually consented but… this is one of the reasons why players get into academic trouble.

Agree…
Back to the top
Control functions: