Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OC Search Thread

So far we have 2 rumored names out there, according to Ted Hutton:

Former Dolphins OC Gary Stevens
Current UL OC Jeff Brohm

Personally, I'd love to be able to get either.  Both are real good football coaches, both have lots of experience, both have worked with and for HS for many years.

Please add any other names that you may have heard floating around.  Hopefully, a hire is made quickly.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Re: FAU OC Search Thread

Jeff Brohm is Brian Brohm's brother right? Jeff was the QB coach when Brian was there?

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

FAU OC Search Thread

BocaCoop said

Jeff Brohm is Brian Brohm's brother right? Jeff was the QB coach when Brian was there?

Yes and Yes.

Jeff Brohm is an interesting name for me. I'd be really interested to see how this all shakes out… hopefully sooner rather than later!
Back to the top

Jeff Brohm would fit perfectly.  He was QB for Howard at Louisville so he already knows the system. He also played 6 years in the NFL. He had to have learned a great deal under other great coaches like Bill Walsh.
  Hope he is offered and accepts.
Back to the top

I saw today that UL's QB was going to transfer, if we did happen to land Brohm maybe he'd come here. If he was recruited to Louisville then he's got to at least have some talent. He could come in and compete for the starting spot in 2010.
Back to the top

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090107/SPORTS02/90107029

Brohm's status as offensive coordinator in question
By C.L. Brown • [email protected] • January 7, 2009

The University of Louisville’s recent football staff hirings could lead to additional shuffling of the offensive staff, coach Steve Kragthorpe said today. His statement indicated those changes could include offensive coordinator Jeff Brohm.

U of L did not lose any offensive coaches with its recent staff departures, but yesterday announced it was adding Jay Johnson as an offensive assistant. Johnson was an administrative assistant for the Cardinals last season. Before that he was the offensive coordinator at Southern Mississippi from 2005 to '07.

Brohm served as the team’s offensive coordinator last season, his first year in such capacity. Reached by phone, Brohm said questions about his status should be handled by a U of L spokesman.

When asked for a clarification of Brohm’s status, team spokesman Rocco Gasparro relayed a statement from Kragthorpe, who he said was out of town recruiting.

“We are evaluating the entire staff,” Kragthorpe said. “We hired Larry Slade and Brent Guy on the defensive side and Jay Johnson on the offensive side. At this point in time those specific coaching assignments have yet to be finalized.”

The Cardinals will have their third defensive coordinator in three seasons of Kragthorpe’s tenure. The offense could follow suit.

Under Brohm, the Cards averaged 376.7 yards per game in total offense – their lowest since averaging 382.0 in 2001. This past season ended a streak of five straight seasons U of L ranked in the top 10 nationally in total offense.

Brohm took over play-calling duties last season after serving as quarterbacks coach in 2007. He replaced Charlie Stubbs.

Bill Miller, who coached linebackers this past season, was promoted defensive coordinator after Ron English was hired as Eastern Michigan’s head coach.

Brent Guy, a former Utah State head coach, and Larry Slade, a former Tennessee defensive backs coach, were also hired Tuesday as defensive assistants.

Guy and Slade will presumably replace English, who coached safeties, and Eric Lewis, who coached cornerbacks, but also left for Eastern Michigan.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I saw today that UL's QB was going to transfer, if we did happen to land Brohm maybe he'd come here. If he was recruited to Louisville then he's got to at least have some talent. He could come in and compete for the starting spot in 2010.

I saw today that UL's QB who is transferring has the last name of Simms as in Phil so there's no chance (not that there was before) he'll transfer here

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

There are some who believe Brohm can run an offense even though it looks like Louisville's head coach doesn't.
  Ron English left Louisville after one year to take head coaching job at EMU. He offered Brohm the OC job under him.
He also had an offer from Nick Saban for the position at Alabama. At the time his brother was still at Louisville so he stayed.
Brohm was also the coach who signed Matt Simms for Louisville.

Now may be the time to get him!
Back to the top

When everyone is deferring to someone else, that means you job is about to go bye-bye.

But we don't even officially know if he got an offer from us yet.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Wow, that's really cool.
Back to the top
Control functions: