Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU football 10 years anniversary DVD?

As you all know, FAU football turned out 10 years in 2008. Our football team has accomplished great success in a short period of time making it the fastest team in Division 1A to get a bowl bid, win the bowl and repeat the following year. Having an in-house  record label and a very new TV station, I do not understand why FAU has not marketed a DVD celebrating the first 10 years of our football program. FAU has the tools and I hope this is happening as I write this topic. This is a marketable idea and I can guarantee that many fans would appreciate something like this by spending few dollars on a commemorative DVD. Let's make things right and dedicate some time to come up with a well thought out production as successful as our football program. ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: FAU football 10 years anniversary DVD?

AlexFAU06 said

I do not understand why FAU has not marketed a DVD celebrating the first 10 years of our football program.

If something like this hasn't happened, it's because of one of two reasons:

1) They can't afford it (usually the reason)
or
2) You were the first one to have that idea

In your case, it's probably a mixture of the two.

Back to the top

Great idea Alex.

I'm sure FAU is working on this… but let's keep in mind that Coach Schnellenberger was hired in '98 and the program didn't "start" until 2000 with the recruiting class.

It may be more marketable to have the 10 year anniversary celebrate 2000 - 2010: The new millennium and the new football program

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I really enjoyed "The road to New Orleans" DVD done by Owl TV.

I really hope they do one on this years bowl win as well.

Even though we were only 6-6 it's a great story and one id like to have chronicled.

The 10 year works too but in some ways it could come off as negative (EG: documentaion or mention of an on campus staidum in 2004)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Even though we were only 6-6 it's a great story and one id like to have chronicled.

The 10 year works too but in some ways it could come off as negative (EG: documentaion or mention of an on campus staidum in 2004)

Where can I get the Road to New orleans DVD?
Is the bookstore selling this or it was a promotional limited piece.

GO OWLS!

Back to the top

FAU football 10 years anniversary DVD?

AlexFAU06 said

owlfamily said

Where can I get the Road to New orleans DVD?
Is the bookstore selling this or it was a promotional limited piece.

GO OWLS!

Mine came with my season tickets, I think they also gave them out at a basketball game as well.

Check Ebay or perhaps contact Owl TV to see if they have any.

Make sure you stick around for the credits. Rusty and Frantz cracking up as they tried to get thru was HILARIOUS.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: