Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU student competes in Dr. Pepper halftime show @ SEC Championship game

Add topic

FAU student competes in Dr. Pepper halftime show @ SEC Championship game

From the FAU eNEWSBREAK:

Although the FAU Foundation annually provides more than $2.5 million in financial aid to students, FAU senior Tima Hamshar took an unconventional approach to winning a scholarship. While completing a double major (marketing and management) at the Jupiter campus, Hamshar took time to compete in the Dr. Pepper football throwing contest during halftime of the SEC Championship football game between the Florida Gators and Alabama Crimson Tide on December 6. She was trying to win a $100,000 scholarship by throwing up to 10 footballs into a giant Dr. Pepper can on the goal line from the 5-yard line. In the 30-second contest, Hamshar made 5 of her 10 shots, and was defeated in the last seconds by her competitor. As runner-up, Hamshar earned a $5,000 scholarship. She will graduate this summer and would like to attend graduate school.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: FAU student competes in Dr. Pepper halftime show @ SEC Championship game

I saw that in the email today.  I was watching the game and saw the competition, but didn't realize the girl was from FAU.  I was pretty well hammered at that point though. ;D  I thought she had the victory too, but the other contestant went on a roll at the very last minute and took the win.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: