Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Alumni event in Denton featuring Mike Jarvis and FAU Men's BBall

Add topic

Hey all!
Alex Sanchez '94 (Austin, TX), the FAU Alumni Office and I have been working hard to make this event happen. I hope that all alumni and fans in Texas and the surrounding Denton area can make it!

Saturday, January 17

Lone Star Burrow Reception with Basketball Head Coach Mike Jarvis

Time: 4:45 to 6:30 p.m. CST
University of North Texas Alumni Center "Corridor of Years Room"
Denton, TX
To RSVP for the reception, please e-mail the FAU Alumni office at alumni.affairs@fau.edu

FAU vs. North Texas Men's Basketball Game
Time: 7 p.m. CST
UNT Colesium
Denton, TX

To purchase tickets, call 940-565-2527 or 1-800-UNT-2366, or click here
Section 109 is reserved for FAU Fans

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: FAU Alumni event in Denton featuring Mike Jarvis and FAU Men's BBall

smittysahoot said

Hey all!
Alex Sanchez '94 (Austin, TX), the FAU Alumni Office and I have been working hard to make this event happen. I hope that all alumni and fans in Texas and the surrounding Denton area can make it!

Saturday, January 17

Lone Star Burrow Reception with Basketball Head Coach Mike Jarvis

Time: 4:45 to 6:30 p.m. CST
University of North Texas Alumni Center "Corridor of Years Room"
Denton, TX
To RSVP for the reception, please e-mail the FAU Alumni office at alumni.affairs@fau.edu

FAU vs. North Texas Men's Basketball Game
Time: 7 p.m. CST
UNT Colesium
Denton, TX

To purchase tickets, call 940-565-2527 or 1-800-UNT-2366, or click here
Section 109 is reserved for FAU Fans

Awesome.  Good luck with the event.  If I was in Texas, I would definately be there!

How many FAU Alumni live in Texas?
Back to the top

FAU Alumni event in Denton featuring Mike Jarvis and FAU Men's BBall

The number of alumni that live in Texas and the number of alumni we can actually contact are two completely different numbers.

According to the FAU Fact Book, there are 1,580 alumni in Texas.

But… working in an alumni office for an institution, I can tell you this:

1) That number is only as good as the alumni tell the Alumni Office where they are living. For example… when I moved from Boca to San Antonio, if I wouldn't have updated my information, all my mail from FAU would have gone to my old address. And assuming the post office is nice and sends the request for address back, they could include my updated address in Texas. But then I moved within San Antonio from a house to an apartment, so then the post office in this zip code would have to notify the post office in the old zip code, who would notify the post office in 33431 (Boca), which would probably have to notify the FAU mail office, and then get to a staff worker's "to-do" list.

2) That number is only as good as those that are still alive. If someone passes away and no one tells the FAU Alumni office… they don't know.

and finally…

3) Not all alumni want to be contacted by FAU.

4) Not all alumni notify FAU when they change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, so the e-mail gets bounced and then they become "lost alumni."

SO TO EVERYONE: all in all…. my message to you: UPDATE YOUR INFO with the alumni office. If you're not getting the alumni magazine, the alumni enewsbreak e-mails or the phone calls from phonathon, they don't have your updated info.

:) ;D :D

and I'm off my soapbox

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

That makes sense.  For any given event in Texas, how many people are you able to contact?  It would be great for to get a big crowd for Coach Jarvis in Denton and show him that Owls Nation is growing and supports him!
Back to the top

I don't know the exact number. And the number of people contacted depends on what type of solicitation. We may have a phone number but not an e-mail or home mailing address — or any combination.

A group of 20 - 30 would be a great success.

Remember that although 1,500 are reported to live in Texas.. not all are in Dallas. And Texas isn't the size of Delaware…or Rhone Island. It's five hours for me to drive from San Antonio - three hours from Houston - four hours from Austin. So you are asking people to drive a long way..

For the football alumni events, we usually get more than 50.

Back to the top
Control functions: