Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USF to play FSU

Add topic

In 2009 at FSU and 2012 at USF

USF and FSU ink deal

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: USF to play FSU

USF to play FSU

Hey Hey,

FAU got a mention in one of the comments.

BCS confrences helping each other out. Home and Home. Great for USF.

Wish Bobby, Urban, or Shannon would do the same for us.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

In 2009 at FSU and 2012 at USF

USF and FSU ink deal

Man, USF goes to Big East, #2 national ranking, signs home-and-home with Miami and FSU

they're going to keep going up and up. It's only a matter of time before they win an NC and Florida has a Big Four.
Back to the top

Once again, I like the way USF does things….and I like that FSU has the balls to give them a home and away.  The Gators, however, are too scared to leave their precious swamp.

When they fix the BCS I hope that unified scheduling OR taking into account home field advantage is addressed.  When you play no less than 7 games a year at one of the most difficult stadiums to play at is it any wonder they do so well?

Compare to
Georgia at Arizona State
Tennessee at UCLA
Arkansas at Texas
Alabama in Jacksonville v. FSU last year

God I hope Bradford tears them up in front of millions.  A crushing defeat is what is necessary here.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I'm surprised FSU gave them a straight-up home-and-home.  They have nothing to gain, everything to lose.
Back to the top

Has FAU ever looked at making deals to go out and play Pac-10 schools?
Back to the top

The said

I don't know but travel costs come in to play. I'm not too positive about this… but don't most schools from the east coast spend an extra day in Cali for games because of the time change? That would mean extra expense…

Even without the extra day in Cali… or any Pac 10 school … the expense to fly out there is greater than the expense to fly to Texas, South Carolina, etc.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

The said

I don't know but travel costs come in to play. I'm not too positive about this… but don't most schools from the east coast spend an extra day in Cali for games because of the time change? That would mean extra expense…

Even without the extra day in Cali… or any Pac 10 school … the expense to fly out there is greater than the expense to fly to Texas, South Carolina, etc.

True but Hawaii wasn't exactly down the street either.
Back to the top

Hey, we flew to Austin.  Tempe or Tucson, AZ could be doable.  Or, why not a WAC or Mountain West school like New Mexico or New Mexico State (although New Mexico State wouldn't pay us to come out and beat them).
Back to the top

The said

Hey, we flew to Austin.  Tempe or Tucson, AZ could be doable.  Or, why not a WAC or Mountain West school like New Mexico or New Mexico State (although New Mexico State wouldn't pay us to come out and beat them).

When NMSU was still in the sunbelt (which to this day still makes no sense) we actually played them in football at Lockhart and I believe it was them who waxed us but we were still I-AA at the time

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: