Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU is getting an on campus Papa John's

Add topic

Today I spoke with the director of Business Services and was told that FAU will be getting a Papa John's location in the Breezeway Foodcourt.

The Papa John's is supposed to replace Mama Leone's.

They won't just sell pizza, but also pasta, salads, etc…

They also will be available for catering services for on campus events.

Supposed to open the week after spring break.
Back to the top

Re: FAU is getting an on campus Papa John's

FAU is getting an on campus Papa John's

I guess that's good. The catering sounds good too… until Papa John's has to figure in the price of making the pizza, paying the royalities back to FAU, and then trying to make profit. Probably $8 - $10 for a pie.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I guess that's good. The catering sounds good too… until Papa John's has to figure in the price of making the pizza, paying the royalities back to FAU, and then trying to make profit. Probably $8 - $10 for a pie.

That's what a pizza costs.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAUstudent said

Today I spoke with the director of Business Services and was told that FAU will be getting a Papa John's location in the Breezeway Foodcourt.

The Papa John's is supposed to replace Mama Leone's.

They won't just sell pizza, but also pasta, salads, etc…

They also will be available for catering services for on campus events.

Supposed to open the week after spring break.

Wow, this is AWESOME news.

The week after Spring Break… wouldn't that mean they'd need to renovate it, say, from now until then?

I guess the changes are just aesthetic but wow, that's fast.

Glad Chartwells is finally listening to us. The two most popular places in the Breezeway Cafe? Quiznos and Wendy's. Why? Because people are familiar with their food.

Hopefully the pizzas will be full pizzas and not the "personal pan pizzas" like at Dolphin Stadium!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Domino's use to do pizza for student groups at $5.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

dusky256fc said

Domino's use to do pizza for student groups at $5.

You also used to be able to pay for it with your meal card when they delivered. I'm guessing you can't do that anymore?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Well, idk….IMO, Papa John's pizza sucks.  But if it helps the campus than w/e.
Back to the top

The said

Well, idk….IMO, Papa John's pizza sucks.  But if it helps the campus than w/e.

If this Craigslist posting is correct, it looks like we're both right: Dunkin Donuts and Papa Johns

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/fbh/975774985.html
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

smittysahoot said

I'm not sure about how the franchise agreement would work in this case, but wouldn't it be owned and operated by Chartwells similar to all of the other eating places on campus?  I think Chartwells would pay to use the Papa John's name and brand, but the profits would be Chartwells profits.  Am I correct to assume this?

I think the food services operations are all under Chartwells and non are of them are independently operated.

That's why the hours suck, and that's also why when the Foodcourt first opened it wasn't uncommon to see a Chartwells employee in a Starbuck's or Einstein's branded uniform working at Wendy's, Salarita's, Quizno's, etc.
Back to the top

FAUstudent said

I'm not sure about how the franchise agreement would work in this case, but wouldn't it be owned and operated by Chartwells similar to all of the other eating places on campus?  I think Chartwells would pay to use the Papa John's name and brand, but the profits would be Chartwells profits.  Am I correct to assume this?

That sounds right. The reason they only had half known brands (Wendy's, Quiznos) is due to the cost of paying for the name. That's why they originally went with a place like Mamma Leone's instead of Papa Johns. Now they're seeing what a mistake that was.

And let me tell you something about Mamma Leone's. Before it opened, Chartwells bragged about how it would have all these Italian choices… except that it didn't. Every day it had pizza and 1 or 2 side dishes. Pizza or baked ziti. Pizza or spaghetti. There was not enough variety and the pizzas were average. I'm not sad to see it go.

FAUstudent said

That's why the hours suck, and that's also why when the Foodcourt first opened it wasn't uncommon to see a Chartwells employee in a Starbuck's or Einstein's branded uniform working at Wendy's, Salarita's, Quizno's, etc.

One of the things Chartwells wants to do with Innovation Village is have some sort of food service that's open late. How late, I don't know. I don't think it will be open until 2 but maybe 10 or 11 pm. Thing is, I believe they were testing the market for late night food by extending Coyote Jack's hours and offering delivery there.

Nearly everybody I know hates the food at CJs, so they're going to get low numbers. I hope that doesn't sway them against opening a late night food service people would actually use (like Taco Bell)
Back to the top
Control functions: