Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Final AP ranking 120 FBS teams...

NCAA College Football Rankings - CBSSports.com

CMU: 61  ???
SMU: 62
Troy: 63
FAU:  64
Ark St: 85
ULL: 92
MTSU: 97
ULM: 101
FIU: 102  ;D ;D ;D ;D
UCF: 104  ;D ;D ;D ;D
NTex: 119
WKU: 120

All Sunbelt Teams listed, both Sunbelt Bowl Opponets listed, and UCF thrown in there for giggles.

Would of thought CMU would of been below us, but oh well.

Enjoy!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Final AP ranking 120 FBS teams...

Interesting regarding FAU/Troy

Almost equal in every category with Troy ahead in :

Wins, Ranking

FAU ahead in:

SOS, Bowl Win

The one GLARING gap between the 2 programs.

IN CONFRENCE

Troy 6-1
FAU 4-3

Id say thats the glaring one, FAU REALLY needs to step up and start dominating the confrence. Other then that the two programs are pretty even at year end.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

FAU totally imploded in the game against Troy. Still a mystery. Same 'ol story. Despite the loss and the unusually bad play by FAU, the teams looked close. I'm surprised CMU got the better rank unless it was their regular season W-L record.  I'm happy with the 64 this year considering the Troy and MTSU game.  Next year we'll move up.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Final AP ranking 120 FBS teams...

Wow ! I think 64 is great news !!! I do believe this is higher than last year. Folks  … I think we are getting some respect !!
I really wanted us to be in the top 50 this year but after the beginning of the year, this is fantastic news !!!

GO OWLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

To be ranked at 64 I think is very good considering where we were at the end of September.
Back to the top

Talon said

To be ranked at 64 I think is very good considering where we were at the end of September.

Agreed. I didn't think we'd even finish that high.

Beating CMU got us some respect, which is nice.
Back to the top

yah i think we all thought we would end up a lot worse!
Back to the top

Well, you have to figure 64 teams made bowl games so they should be the top 64 (for the most part).  We ended at 64.  Probably about right since we made a bowl game but was not dominate the rest of the year. 
Back to the top

Another thing is that after crushing ULL and if we would have continued to win big, not loose to Ark State. I believe we would have jump past CMU even with the loss to Troy. The FIU game was another one that maybe if it hadn't been close that would have hepled but in saying that, the way the game unfolded in the second half may have helped us. That was a battle to the very end and still think that was the highlight game of the season. The reason, regardlessof stats that was a very very exciting game that kept you on the edge the whole game.  8)
Back to the top
Control functions: