Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rutgers Billboards

Add topic

There is a Rutgers Football billboard on 95 in Hollywood. There used to be one on the Turnpike near the Comercial Blvd toll plaza. I know there are a few people from NJ here. But why would Rutgers Football spend money on billboards in South Florida? How much ticket sales can you really generate from this? Does FAU Football have billboards outside of South Florida?

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Re: Rutgers Billboards

BocaCoop said

There is a Rutgers Football billboard on 95 in Hollywood. There used to be one on the Turnpike near the Comercial Blvd toll plaza. I know there are a few people from NJ here. But why would Rutgers Football spend money on billboards in South Florida? How much ticket sales can you really generate from this? Does FAU Football have billboards outside of South Florida?

It's probably more of a recruiting tool then for ticket sales.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

They have been doing that for years since Schiano took over.  He has to come down and steal our recruits because even the football players in NJ suck.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

They have been doing that for years since Schiano took over.  He has to come down and steal our recruits because even the football players in NJ suck.

I doubt that, I went to High school in New Jersey and their is a good amount of talent.  Just can't compare to Florida based on population.  If we had the budget to make a steady recruiting pipeline out of say California, Arizona, or Texas I can't say anyone on this board would look at it as "stealing"….. ;D
Back to the top

Rutgers Billboards

The said

dusky256fc said

I doubt that, I went to High school in New Jersey and their is a good amount of talent.  Just can't compare to Florida based on population.  If we had the budget to make a steady recruiting pipeline out of say California, Arizona, or Texas I can't say anyone on this board would look at it as "stealing"….. ;D

You missed the main point of my post. :)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Ever since Shiano left the Hurricanes, there have been billiboards of RU up. There use to be a big billboard with a backdrop of NYC on the corner of Richmond (168th street) and US1, where South Ridge, South Dade, Killian, Palmetto and Homestead students would see a lot of it.

He does it for recruiting - and it's working.

RU Roster
28 ALEXIS , ROBENSON DB So. Fr. 6-0 170  West Boca Raton HS/Boca Raton, Fla.
57 BAYOH , SORIE DE Jr. So. 6-3 245  Gulliver Prep/Miami, Fla.
2 BROWN , TIM WR Jr. Jr. 5-8 165  Northwestern HS/Miami, Fla.
5 CAMPBELL , DENNIS WR Sr. Jr. 5-9 180  Plantation HS/Plantation, Fla.
55 FARRINGTON , JAMIEL DE So. Fr. 6-2 255  Homestead HS/Homestead, Fla.
91 FRANCIS , JUSTIN DT So. So. 6-4 260  Miramar HS/Miramar, Fla.
99 FREENY , JONATHAN DE So. So. 6-3 240  Coconut Creek HS/Margate, Fla.
70 GILMARTIN , MIKE OL 5th-Sr. Sr. 6-5 290  Estero HS/Estero, Fla.
10 JEFFERSON , D.C. QB Fr. Fr. 6-6 240  Winter Haven HS/Winter Haven, Fla.
50 LOWERY , ANTONIO LB So. So. 6-2 225  Christopher Columbus HS/Miami, Fla
17 MUNOZ , DAMASO LB Sr. Jr. 6-0 215  Southridge HS/Miami, Fla.
80 POOLE , EDDIE WR/DB Fr. Fr. 6-3 185  Glades Central HS/Belle Glade, Fla.
4 ROWE , DAVID DB Fr. Fr. 6-0 195  Cocoa HS/Cocoa, Fla.
87 RUIZ , FABIAN TE So. Fr. 6-4 245  Miami Sunset HS/Miami, Fla.
92 WATTS , GARY DE Sr. Sr. 6-3 245  Norland HS/Miami, Fla.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

A cornerback from Northeast High is now at the Minnesota Vikings after going to Rutgers.

Lets face it, all the schools from up north are raiding south florida, its just something we have to deal with until we can compete with the facilities of those schools.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Rutgers AD got fired or left or asked to leave or something. Papers up north say the president of the university is next. Reason? Reported mismanagement of money - especially with the construction of the football stadium.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: