Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New fraternity at FAU

Add topic

Delta Tau Delta is trying to get off the ground at FAU.

Info Sessions for becoming a Founding Father will be held on: Mon, Jan. 12th, Wed, Jan. 14th, and Wed, Jan. 21st.  All Sessions will be held in the Majestic Palm Room in the FAU Student Union at 7:00pm.

Contact Jameson Root at [email protected] for more information or visit www.GoDelt.com.

Back to the top

Re: New fraternity at FAU

wow thats amazing that IFC is allowing them in……when i was on the board we were against that growth till we got more sororities on campus……

Best of Luck!
Back to the top

RUSH SIGEP  ;D

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

wow thats amazing that IFC is allowing them in……when i was on the board we were against that growth till we got more sororities on campus……

Best of Luck!

I really do not know why they are doing this.  The Greek System at FAU needs Help BADLY, Why dont they just fix what they have now then go and bring another chapter in.  There are chapters in the University that have less than 25 member some that even have less than 15.  I was happy to find out that some of those chapter are no longer at the University.  But instead of getting rid of them, why don't they develop them, I thought that is why higher education professionals were hired for.  Am I missing something here?
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

Nunzio42 said

Best of Luck!

I really do not know why they are doing this.  The Greek System at FAU needs Help BADLY, Why dont they just fix what they have now then go and bring another chapter in.  There are chapters in the University that have less than 25 member some that even have less than 15.  I was happy to find out that some of those chapter are no longer at the University.  But instead of getting rid of them, why don't they develop them, I thought that is why higher education professionals were hired for.  Am I missing something here?

Well, they ARE helping them… just not as fast as some would hope, I guess.

Everybody is very complimentary of the new Greek Life Director. They had, what, 300 people rush/join Greek life last semester alone?

One of the problems with Greek Life was visibility. Putting the Greek letter banners up in the Student Union was a really important step forward in that regard.
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

Nunzio42 said

Best of Luck!

25 members is most likely considered a large amount. Jose, is that 25 "listed" or 25 "active"? We usually had 50 listed and only 20 of us were active.

Adding another Franternity is still a show of how FAU is growing! But…adding another fraternity will spread out the already low number of recruits.

Whats the status of the Greek Housing? Housing will help alot.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

BocaCoop said

OWLUMNI said

Nunzio42 said

Best of Luck!

25 members is most likely considered a large amount. Jose, is that 25 "listed" or 25 "active"? We usually had 50 listed and only 20 of us were active.

Adding another Franternity is still a show of how FAU is growing! But…adding another fraternity will spread out the already low number of recruits.

Whats the status of the Greek Housing? Housing will help alot.

I strongly believe that they say they have 50 but only 20 are actually in it, which it alwasy baffled me since they have to pay all this money.  As for Greek Housing, I highly doubt we will ever get Greek Housing at FAU, for many reason.  One being the most obvious, Money.  But also, Greeks at FAU do not do anything for the University.  When i was the Volunteer Coordinator for the school i tried to get the greeks involved with Community Service IN THE SCHOOL, helping out with homecoming, going to school sponsored events, but hardly ever, if any showed up.  So why  should the University do anythign for the Greeks when they have not helped out the school.
Back to the top

OWLUMNI said

tried to get the greeks involved with Community Service IN THE SCHOOL, helping out with homecoming, going to school sponsored events, but hardly ever, if any showed up.  So why  should the University do anythign for the Greeks when they have not helped out the school.

Unfortunatly, I have to say AMEN to that statement.

When I was in SG, Greeks rarely got involved in anything, even when food, prizes or even CASH was involved.

Example: 2007 Bury the Burrow in Red - women's game (the first one ever), Greeks were offered CASH prizes if they showed up in large numbers. Only two fraternities and one sorority showed up - the one sorority had one person, and the two fraterntiies including my fraternity (a total of two were present: Bobby and I), and one other fraternity with 10 people.

THAT'S IT.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

yeah good luck man a few years ago i was doing the same thing with Kappa Sigma. hard to get going man
Back to the top

New fraternity at FAU

I think it's the kick in the A** that the greek system needs…it's natural selection. The weak will be weeded out and those chapters that offer nothing to FAU will disappear. I also think that it will force the other fraternities on campus to get their act together, lets face it, they're complacent, and everyone seems happy where they are on the totem pole. It'll be interesting to see how the chapters hold up when professional recruiters arrive on campus for DTD, because they don't stand a chance in my opinion. There's a lot of hand holding (by the national organizaiton) during the colonization of a fraternity, usually about 2 years, and in that time, DTD will be able to really influence how the Greeks at FAU contribute.

Believe me, if those guys come on, start winning everything and get really involved in the university, the other chapters will have to step up and at the end of the day, we'll have a better system. I say welcome aboard.
Back to the top
Control functions: