Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Saw Rusty up at the Rec Center earlier tonight.....

He was ragging on some kid wearing a Gators t-shirt…….lighthearted of course….. ;D

Also saw HS up there earlier in the day.
Back to the top

Re: Saw Rusty up at the Rec Center earlier tonight.....

wow, I read this real quick and I saw "He had a raging _____"

I was going to say that is TMI Aftermobile.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

The said

He was raging on some kid wearing a Gators t-shirt…….lighthearted of course….. ;D

You saw HS and didn't ask him about the OC search??  Some reporter you are…

;D
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

The said

He was raging on some kid wearing a Gators t-shirt…….lighthearted of course….. ;D

You saw HS and didn't ask him about the OC search??  Some reporter you are…

;D

Well, he was playing with his blackberry i didn't want to bother him all that much lol .  Just gave him a quick "How's it going Coach?".  I was a bit starstruck haha, i'll keep that in mind if i ever happen to run into him again…  :D
Back to the top

Ragging or Raging? Raging would be like throwing medicine balls and 45lb plates at the kid. I hope it was that one! We have a bad ass QB!!

And what is Schnelly doing with a blackberry? No wonder athletics is struggling with our budget, we can save a few hundred a year there, get the guy a Jitterbug! With the big numbers  :D
Back to the top

Few thoughts here… LOL

Coach has a Blackberry?!? HAHA His fingers are way to big to punch the keys on those small things. The last time I saw a cell phone that he had (which was about five years ago), he had the old standard Nokia cell phone that everyone had as their first cell phone when we were 13 or 14 years old. LOL. And it had the standard ring tone… ya know… the one that if people have it now, everyone looks and says… WOW OLD SCHOOL! It's like a DJ playing Tootsie Roll

Glad to see the players are using the rec center. There's two schools of thought with this:
1) Why are athletes, who have their own state-of-the-art gym using the "student's" facility? They are students too, but I wonder if students will start to get upset if they have to "wait" to use equipment. I talked with a friend of mine who works in the Rec Center and they said that athletes were using the gym all the time and playing a lot of bball.

and the school of thought I subscribe too…

2) Athletes are people and students who don't know them forget that. If athletes can penetrate the thought that athletes have a superiority complex, that would be great. And the best way to do that? Talk with students one-on-one in the Rec Center, in a laid back atmosphere, and spot them when they are bench pressing.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Ragging or Raging? Raging would be like throwing medicine balls and 45lb plates at the kid. I hope it was that one! We have a bad ass QB!!

And what is Schnelly doing with a blackberry? No wonder athletics is struggling with our budget, we can save a few hundred a year there, get the guy a Jitterbug! With the big numbers  :D

HAHAHA! Jitterbug!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Saw Rusty up at the Rec Center earlier tonight.....

smittysahoot said

1) Why are athletes, who have their own state-of-the-art gym using the "student's" facility?

It could also be that they have a better chance of hooking up in the Rec center than in the dedicated weight room. :)
Back to the top

Oh, Rusty wasn't working out he was just walking around checking out the place it seemed.
Back to the top

The football players are definitely in there, especially the younger ones.

The Rec facility is for all students, not all non-athlete students. Everyone's fees went into this Rec Center.

They're in there because it's new, it's popular and it's awesome.
Back to the top
Control functions: