Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Where's our pride?

Add topic

Why does FAU change its color to red when our color is blue?  Is it true that we have decided to be red these next couple of days because FIU's color is blue?  Since when does any team change its color because the opponent shares the same color?  Where is our pride?  BURY THE BURROW IN BLUE
Back to the top

Re: Where's our pride?

Seriously? This has been argued over for too long and its just annoying now. Once again, one of our school's FIGHT SONGS is called "Fight for RED and BLUE." There, that settles it. Its the name of one of our school songs which means that red is also one of our colors.
Back to the top

truebluefan said

Why does FAU change its color to red when our color is blue?  Is it true that we have decided to be red these next couple of days because FIU's color is blue?  Since when does any team change its color because the opponent shares the same color?  Where is our pride?  BURY THE BURROW IN BLUE

When I was in school, all the prowlers shirts said "real fans wear red." Nothing is being changed. Last time I checked the school colors are red white and blue. You may have to change your screen name to true "trueredfan!"

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

The school is has made an effort to promote "blue outs" and other type events. However, they are preserving the tradition of Real Fans Wear Red for when we play FIU in basketball.

It's the best of both worlds.

As stated, our colors are blue and red with a white trim.

And before the logo/branding initiative of 2004, the "Real Fans Wear Red" was not just specific to the prOWLers. In those days, it was a very successful campaign to have students wear one color to games - RED.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Where's our pride?

Our main color is blue. Red and silver are accent colors. Why blue? Well, it has something to do with our name (Florida ATLANTIC University) and our history (Blue Wave).

It's not a "blue and orange" type of scheme. However, it's a nice to have one special basketball game where everyone wears red.

We will NEVER have red football jerseys, for example.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Our main color is blue. Red and silver are accent colors. Why blue? Well, it has something to do with our name (Florida ATLANTIC University) and our history (Blue Wave).

It's not a "blue and orange" type of scheme. However, it's a nice to have one special basketball game where everyone wears red.

completely, unequivocally incorrect

our colorS are blue and red… our accent is "silver"

we are DEFINITELY the "blue and orange" scheme

just because the visual standards manual states "red should never appear without blue" does NOT constitute our school ONLY having BLUE as the color

i have 3 versions of the VSM… i memorized it and was tested on the VSM 2 years ago and again a year ago

you are 10000% incorrect… no way around it

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

owl09 said

Lm77 said

completely, unequivocally incorrect

our colorS are blue and red… our accent is "silver"

we are DEFINITELY the "blue and orange" scheme

just because the visual standards manual states "red should never appear without blue" does NOT constitute our school ONLY having BLUE as the color

i have 3 versions of the VSM… i memorized it and was tested on the VSM 2 years ago and again a year ago

you are 10000% incorrect… no way around it

The Visual Standards Manual is the authority. Since it's relevant to this discussion, here are the links for everyone:

"Quick" guide

Visual Standards Manual
Back to the top

seriously, this again?!?!?

WHO CARES…..SHOW UP AND WEAR WHATEVER COLOR U WANT

IF YOU STAND AND CHEER THEN WEAR PURPLE FOR ALL I CARE!!!!!!!!

Next topic?!?
Back to the top

why are post getting deleted from this thread……there was nothing wrong with those posts!

we all have a right to talk and as long as nothing vulgar is stated then posts should not be removed!
Back to the top

Ok, we may have to "Sticky" this until they change it, as a reference point for the never ending conversation…taken directly from the link LM77 provided:

The above is a little fuzzy, but it states:

"FAU red is to be used as a compliment to FAU blue and should never be the dominant color".

On a side note:

They don't even use the correct PMS match for "red" when making the shirts.  :D

Nice job Athletics!

Back to the top
Control functions: