Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Article in the PBP

Add topic

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2009/01/14/a1c_fau_0115.html

I put this here for one reason, this quote:

"If things were better, then the previous two guys wouldn't have left for bad jobs," Jarvis said of Rex Walters, who left after two years and a 31-33 record for San Francisco, and Matt Doherty, who left after one season (15-13) for Southern Methodist. "I'm here because it hasn't been good."

Jarvis, though, believes it will be good. Someday.

What was so bad?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: Article in the PBP

Article in the PBP

illinoisowl said

"…then the previous two guys wouldn't have left for bad jobs," Jarvis said of Rex Walters, who left after two years and a 31-33 record for San Francisco, and Matt Doherty, who left after one season (15-13) for Southern Methodist.

Great quote…

BTW, what is Doherty's record at SMU?

As of today:

29-46.

.386% Overall.

.205% CUSA.

Walters?

8-9

0-2

With alot of cupcake games thrown in to the overall "W" column for both of them, especially Rex.

Grass is not always greener on the other side…in fact, if one sticks by commitment and calling, they will predominatly never go wrong.  Most of the time, that is why they are in the situation they are in anyway - to see how they will react and deal with it.  One will never be blessed beyond their character.

Now Jarvis has what, assumed by the quote, they thought was bad.  Sure, he got a "second chance" some say.  But was it?  Or, did we just have two individuals still trying to find themselves form a maturity standpoint; that could not deal well with adversity, and ran to what they thought were greener pastures?  Something they could have had here, given the "improvements" that took place regarding facilities, etc.

Personally, i'm glad we have MJ given the way everything panned out.

Back to the top

Just reported by PonyStampede.com Doherty is returning for a fifth year at SMU...
Back to the top

I don't think Doherty is too popular down there any more. Fans have lost their patience.

If SMU Has Grown Tired of Matt Doherty, I Got a Name For You - Dallas - Sports - Sportatorium

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Rick said

Just reported by PonyStampede.com Doherty is returning for a fifth year at SMU…

hahahahaahaha.. Good Luck SMU, enjoy another losing year in CUSA

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jarvis's predecessor at St. Johns, Norm Roberts was let go yesterday after 5 or 6 years. The guy was a class act, full integrity but just couldn't coach. I'm a big SJU fan, it was sad to see the guy go but he wasn't getting the job done.

Back to the top

Exit39 said

Jarvis's predecessor at St. Johns, Norm Roberts was let go yesterday after 5 or 6 years. The guy was a class act, full integrity but just couldn't coach. I'm a big SJU fan, it was sad to see the guy go but he wasn't getting the job done.

They are still throwinbg Jarvis under the bus to this day…

It's still all his fault that they can't win…depsite having Roberts for the last number of years, bringing in his own players, and staff, and running the team…

It's really quite rediculous…
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I used to follow St. Johns growing up way back when Louie Carnesecca was the coach. Robers is a nice guy, coaching wasn't his only problem. He couldn't recruit either. He's got NYC as his backyard. They play some home games at MSG. There's no reason why St. Johns can't be the team they once were back in the day, just need a coach who can recruit

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: