Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Atlantic University Everglades research facility.

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: Florida Atlantic University Everglades research facility.

prowler said

FAU really should be at the forefront of Everglades research. I don't know the extent of FIU's involvement but I know that a large portion of the biology department work there.

Not just the Bio department, either. One of my geology professors was doing paleontology work there.
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic University Everglades research facility.

Good find.  One of the main reasons I picked FAU was because I was told that they had a great Marine Biology field.  It wasn't quite what I was told once I got there, but I still think I got a great education regardless.  It looks like the univeristy has now picked the ball back up with their new biology programs.  This will be a great addition to the university, IFAS will bring in some of the best researchers around and lots of grant money too!  Maybe once it opens it will be an excuse for me to take a few wetland science classes down there.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

Good find.  One of the main reasons I picked FAU was because I was told that they had a great Marine Biology field.  It wasn't quite what I was told once I got there, but I still think I got a great education regardless.  It looks like the univeristy has now picked the ball back up with their new biology programs.  This will be a great addition to the university, IFAS will bring in some of the best researchers around and lots of grant money too!  Maybe once it opens it will be an excuse for me to take a few wetland science classes down there.

Like every department at FAU, the Bio department just needs to add more researchers. There are vacant offices up there.

I wish FAU would lobby harder for money to bring in more professors (and pay the ones they do have more competitive salaries). Since the State Legislature probably won't give them much money to do so (every university wants to bring in more professors) I wonder if we could add more money to the pot by increasing enrollment… I know it would certainly bring in more A&S fees so we could do more things at the student level!
Back to the top
Control functions: