Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texans question Coach's recruiting...

The Sbc Recruiting Wars - Mean Green Football - GoMeanGreen.com Forum

I found it interesting that some of them claim that Howard is "draggin" his arse around on the recruiting trail based SOLELY on Rivals and Scout Rankings.

Others feel the same way we do, that what does it matter about what a recruit is ranked, its the results on the field that matter not the recruiting crown.

When did this whole # of stars thing start?

Its frigging stupid that some random person is judging high school talent and assining a ranking.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: North Texans question Coach's recruiting...

owlfamily said

I found it interesting that some of them claim that Howard is "draggin" his arse around on the recruiting trail based SOLELY on Rivals and Scout Rankings.

Others feel the same way we do, that what does it matter about what a recruit is ranked, its the results on the field that matter not the recruiting crown.

Its frigging stupid that some random person is judging high school talent and assining a ranking.

Seriously?… You're N. Texas! Maybe you should worry about winning more than 1 game in a season. You're only win came against WKU this season and barely at that. WKU will beat you next season as will EVERYONE else. I find it amusing that N. Texas has the testicular fortitude to comment about Howard when their own football program is a mess

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Yeah, he's draggin around, just as he did the last two years - when we won Bowl games and they went 3-21

Yeah, that's it ::)
Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlfamily said

Seriously?… You're N. Texas! Maybe you should worry about winning more than 1 game in a season. You're only win came against WKU this season and barely at that. WKU will beat you next season as will EVERYONE else. I find it amusing that N. Texas has the testicular fortitude to comment about Howard when their own football program is a mess

Agree, and a few of them agree as well.

Success on the field is what matters not we had a better class then anyone else.

Technically Every team in the SunBelt "Out" recruits FAU every year, yet we continue to succed and grow as a program.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

The thing I would like to see more of is the 3 and 4 star kids considering us or wanting to come to FAU even if Howard doesn't feel that they are a good fit….we dont seem to be a trendy pick yet like USF or UCF, most kids dont have us on their list.  Build the freaking stadium.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

The thing I would like to see more of is the 3 and 4 star kids considering us or wanting to come to FAU even if Howard doesn't feel that they are a good fit….we dont seem to be a trendy pick yet like USF or UCF, most kids dont have us on their list.  Build the freaking stadium.

Although I agree that UCF is a trendy pick, I think most choose USF more because it gives them a shot to play in a BCS conference.
Back to the top

Part of the problems with rankings & stars - FAU will work harder then other schools to find the diamonds in the rough - thus they will fall below the radar.

There is a few of those (diamond in the rough) in this recruiting class - don't be fouled by all the smoke & mirror.

This will be a solid class for FAU.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlfamily said

You said Testicular!  lol
Back to the top

North Texans question Coach's recruiting...

An interesting quote from the Mean Green board.

"He build FAU from scratch and you are questioning his effort on helping the conference grow ?? Over the past 2 years Schnelly has 2 bowl wins to go along with 15-11 record. If anything FAU will continue to grow at a rapid pace and outgrow the belt"

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: