Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

It's amazing...

Add topic

It's amazing...

What some folks will go to to create a "story"…

Tom:

You're my boy…we sit along side each other…but, i question if you saw the same incident transpire that i did?

Contact?

That's a FAR stretch….

How about some video evidence?

MJ left the court on his own terms…and without "contact"…to assert that without evidence is not fair.

That's all you could take from the game?

No Contact, but nice "article"
Back to the top

Re: It's amazing...

apparently he did make contact with the ref... multiple people on the team told me that he did

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Ok, that's fair!

But, i sat there and watched the whole thing…

He approached an official towards the end of the incident, but i did not see any (agressive implied) "contact"…

If someone has anything on video to disprove that, i will make a public apology for the above remark ;)

Hey, there ought to be evidence of this…Afterall, there was enough video/picture documentation of Mary Carey's being at the game to last a lifetime ;D
Back to the top

i personally am with you… i did not see him make contact, but 3 people told me he did… it was nothing serious, apparently it was like a "get your hand out of my face" pushing it away kind of thing

nevertheless, a suspension is probably inevitable

again… i did not see it

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

owl09 said

apparently he did make contact with the ref… multiple people on the team told me that he did

He pushed him or something. I remember the contact but it wasn't anything serious.

The refs were blowing fouls all night… like when Graham was knocked over, no foul, then three seconds later the same thing happened to one of their guys… foul on FAU.

wtf
Back to the top

I know we always complain about the refs but this was the worst officiating ever. How in the heck do you get 3 technical fouls on 1 person? Isn't the rule 2 and you're ejected? If so, how is it possible to get 3 if after 2 he's not even the coach anymore because he was ejected? It's like charging a foul on a player after he already fouled out.

If Jarvis is disciplined then this ref needs to be disciplined as well. If Jarvis did make contact to say get your hand out of my face then this ref should be suspended for provoking him. What they did tonight was uncalled for and totally ridiculous. They made a joke out of that game. There's no way ANY player on ANY team should EVER get to shoot 8 F/T's on 1 play. If we were Duke and that was coach K there's no way he gets 3 technical fouls and the bench gets 1, but we're FAU so it's OK. These refs should be suspended for making a mockery of the game and of their job.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I personally liked what MJ did as long as he did not make contact with the referee.  I think it is ridiculous that the referees called that many technicals in that situation.  Even if they called 2 technicals and threw him out they should let him vent and move on with the game.  I have watched my fair share of basketball games and seen a lot worse from coaches (Bobby Knight) during games but have NEVER seen anything like this.  The play that started this whole scenario was horrible for even an intramural referee to make.  The ULM player touched the ball going out of bounds then was mad at himself for touching it right in front of the referee but the referee still gave ULM the ball.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owl09 said

apparently he did make contact with the ref… multiple people on the team told me that he did

He pushed him or something. I remember the contact but it wasn't anything serious.

The refs were blowing fouls all night… like when Graham was knocked over, no foul, then three seconds later the same thing happened to one of their guys… foul on FAU.

wtf

Here's the deal…game headlines:

Palm Beach Post:

"Owls coach ejected after ref's calls"

fauowlaccess:

"Technical knockout"

www.fauowlsnest.com:

"Yes, This Too Shall Pass"

If it is for real, then it will be all over the media…because we all know that they (just look at the story we are talking about) love to point out fault.

Especially with MJ.  That's been the entire story with him.

Not only were Marcus, Ted, Tom, and i there; but also OWLTV - with cameras rolling during the whole thing.

No video so far just the word "appeared"

So, let's see what happens.  Fair deal?

BTW, it's ironic that the two Post reporters (one removed) had the EXACT same thing to say.

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlcountry said

owl09 said

wtf

Here's the deal…game headlines:

Palm Beach Post:

"Owls coach ejected after ref's calls"

fauowlaccess:

"Technical knockout"

www.fauowlsnest.com:

"Yes, This Too Shall Pass"

If it is for real, then it will be all over the media…because we all know that they (just look at the story we are talking about) love to point out fault.

Especially with MJ.  That's been the entire story with him.

Not only were Marcus, Ted, Tom, and i there; but also OWLTV - with cameras rolling during the whole thing.

No video so far just the word "appeared"

So, let's see what happens.  Fair deal?

BTW, it's ironic that the two Post reporters (one removed) had the EXACT same thing to say.

Innocent until proven guilty. I agree with you. They shouldn't be so quick to blame him when they too don't know what happened. Let's see what happens in the coming days. I'm sure once Jarvis comes down he'll have something to say

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I didn't get the hole thing on Video, but here is the Walk:

Video Clip

And if you look closely at @.10sec mark - Your very own Mary Carey
Back to the top
Control functions: