Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New college bar opening in Boca

Add topic

Heard that a popular bar from Orlando called Scoop was opening in Boca on Palmetto Park Road. I guess it will be in the space formerly occupied by Club99…?

http://www.scoopboca.com/

Anyway, wondered if anybody had been there in Orlando. The site says it's consistently rated by students as one of the best college bars in Orlando.

Talked to the owner. He wants to buy some FAU jerseys, banners, etc to put up in there.
Back to the top

Re: New college bar opening in Boca

Visiting Boca without driving past 99, Aqua and whatever else it was called, and seeing lines of people trying to get in to a lame club… those were the days.

There's still Holloway's! Going strong for years and years.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

yea the place was claaed lux for while to but yea scoops is real popular with ucf students
Back to the top

Looks like it has the potential to be a good college bar.  Thankfully it doesn't look like another trendy euro trash night club….. ::)
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Visiting Boca without driving past 99, Aqua and whatever else it was called, and seeing lines of people trying to get in to a lame club… those were the days.

Word! Those lines got out of control for a while! I remember going to all (ok, maybe not all  of'em) my classes and seeing thier flyers in every chair.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Lux, Aqua, Club99… it changed names every year. Who can keep up with all of that?

owlcountry40 said

but yea scoops is real popular with ucf students

That's what I heard. What's so good about it, do you know? Anything particularly interesting or is it just pool tables and drink specials like most places?
Back to the top

For some of the older fellas…Polly Esthers  ;D
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

LOL

Thank you. I couldnt place it in my head.

For a second I thought they were talking about the ole Club Boca on Palmetto and Powerline in the BOA building.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

What were we thinking?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

New college bar opening in Boca

dusky256fc said

TeamBeer said

What were we thinking?

I dont think it was the head above our shoulders making most of the decisions for us back in those days…in fact most of the decisions I still make seem to not take his opinion into account.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: