Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Updated Update on Stadium - Kimberly Miller

Add topic

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/extracredit/entries/2009/01/21/updated_update_on_the_fau_stad.html

There is a smidgen of news here, really.

After delivering dire news about next year’s budget to FAU’s trustees on Wednesday, I asked President Frank Brogan for a quick update on the stadium. Here goes;

1. FAU is still in negotiations for the development deal on the residence halls that would provide enough money to go to the financial markets. I asked specifically about Crocker Partners and it seemed that they are still in the game, but Brogan added, “if not Crocker, than someone else.”

2. Brogan said he is still hoping for the 2010 open date for the stadium, but said that 2010 could mean October or November. He also said that with every month that passes they know it could move to 2011.

3. (And here’s the good news) Brogan said because of the delay and the federal bank bailout, lenders are looking more favorably toward giving out money. “Our delay hasn’t hurt us as far as the confidence level of lending institutions going up.”

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Updated Update on Stadium - Kimberly Miller

I have a problem with banks spending bailout money on stadium sponsorships – FAU's or anyone else's.
Back to the top

The said

I have a problem with banks spending bailout money on stadium sponsorships – FAU's or anyone else's.

They wouldn't be getting bailout money from the banks.  Banks are willing to lend more BECAUSE of the bailout money…which is what the bailout money was meant to do…unfreeze lending.
Back to the top

The said

right now idc care if take money from children's hospital lol j/k j/k
Back to the top

The bailout isn't for sponsoring, its for lending…..and thats what we need from them.  When Brogan said 'giving out money' he meant lending, not sponsoring an up and coming football generation

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Ok, I took it the wrong way.  I was thinking about the naming rights deal we were working on, which was with a bank.
Back to the top

If it still going up in 2010 then the price will go up from $60 million. This should be about a 1.5 year project. If it gets awarded in August of this year, then it will need to be built in 1 year. In order to achieve this, the construction company will be bumping up thier manpower to accomodate this squeeze. So, what do you think is going to happen… Add another $5 million in overtime or push back the opening another year?

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Updated Update on Stadium - Kimberly Miller

BocaCoop said

If it still going up in 2010 then the price will go up from $60 million. This should be about a 1.5 year project. If it gets awarded in August of this year, then it will need to be built in 1 year. In order to achieve this, the construction company will be bumping up thier manpower to accomodate this squeeze. So, what do you think is going to happen… Add another $5 million in overtime or push back the opening another year?

I say we just call Ty Pennington…they will have it done in a week, I will fake some sort of illness and say a FAU stadium football stadium will cure it.  Call the episode "Extreme Make Over: College Campus Edition".

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

BocaCoop said

I say we just call Ty Pennington…they will have it done in a week, I will fake some sort of illness and say a FAU stadium football stadium will cure it.  Call the episode "Extreme Make Over: College Campus Edition".

Didn't he get arrested for DUI or something? No need to fake an illness, just buy him a keg lol. Bribery goes a long way

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

walty12 said

And you guys thought the UCF stadium shook when it had people in it, imagine that same erector set built in a week.  I'd be avoiding that one.  I say we have the guys from the old "Monster House" show build it, then we can have a stadium that transforms into a fire breating owl robot monster truck!  Now that would be cool!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: