Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

PREVIEW: UALR @ FAU

Add topic

UALR (14-6) @ FAU (4-17)
Thursday, Jan. 29, 2009
7:00 PM EST

PREVIEW:  UALR @ FAU
Back to the top

Re: PREVIEW: UALR @ FAU

UALR Big man Mike Smith made the trip afterall, and is expected to play tonight:

All 6-7, 295 lbs of him.

Latest line announced:

UALR - 2.5
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

UALR Big man Mike Smith made the trip afterall, and is expected to play tonight:

All 6-7, 295 lbs of him.

Latest line announced:

UALR - 2.5

Not that I know much about lines and why vegas does stuff, but Im curious as to why FAU is even CLOSE on this one? From what Ive read UALR is one of the top teams in SBC this year and as we know FAU has just been plaing tuckered out with only 7 scholly players.

Id think we'd be MUCH lower dogs.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Florida_Owl said

All 6-7, 295 lbs of him.

Latest line announced:

UALR - 2.5

Not that I know much about lines and why vegas does stuff, but Im curious as to why FAU is even CLOSE on this one? From what Ive read UALR is one of the top teams in SBC this year and as we know FAU has just been plaing tuckered out with only 7 scholly players.

Id think we'd be MUCH lower dogs.

we really haven't been blown out this season. We lost last game by 2 pts. We lost to Kentucky by like 7, we lost to Arizona also by around 7. We've been keeping it close and you gotta factor in that it's at home. I know it hasn't meant much this season but if the game was in Little Rock they'd probably be 5.5 point favorites. Usually you take away 3 when playing on the road

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

PREVIEW: UALR @ FAU

If I'm not mistaken, Mike Smith destroyed us last year in the 2nd round of the Sunbelt tourney. He's a big body and he had no problem getting though Monroe and an even easier time getting through Royster. Also, he could shoot baseline jumpers all day, without Monroe, this could be a long game and I wouldn't be surprised if whoever is covering him fouls out tonight. I'm still hopeful that we'll be able to pull out the win somehow. I know its not likely, but maybe they'll be overlooking us and we'll sneak out with a W.
Back to the top

He's been sitting a while, so he may be a bit rusty…

Line:

FAU was actually favored against WKU…if you can believe that.

Agree…seems like 9 would be more accurate with Smith back in…but still going with FAU -3…like our chances in this one.

Back to the top
Control functions: