Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Band that Well Represented at Motor City Bowl

For those who did not go to the Bowl Game, here is the High School Band that played and sat in for our band. They were damn good and even took some criticism from some CMU fans.

Back to the top

Re: The Band that Well Represented at Motor City Bowl

Hell yes ???  …if only.. ???
Back to the top

I sent a letter thanking the band for standing in for for our band at the Motor City and here is the response:

"Thank you so very much for this wonderful letter. Our kids will enjoy reading it and they thoroughly enjoyed substituting for your band at Ford Field.  We take great pride in our students at Southfield Lathrup Senior High School, because they not only play instruments, but they can read and write music as well.  We have a great music department here in Southfield Public Schools and we start our kids in fourth and fifth grades with music instructions.

We will be more than happy to substitute for your school again next year.  Thank you again and have a wonderful day."

Betty Carlton Robinson - Band Booster Secretary

MTU Detroit Diesel Inc.

313-592-5651

;)
Back to the top

Talon said

I sent a letter thanking the band for standing in for for our band at the Motor City and here is the response:

"We have a great music department here in Southfield Public Schools and we start our kids in fourth and fifth grades with music instructions.

We will be more than happy to substitute for your school again next year."

Wow.
Back to the top

That was nice that you sent a letter and that they returned a letter.

Maybe it's time for the band director to send them info on the FAU Marching Band? Admissions applications? Pictures of beaches and palm trees?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

That was nice that you sent a letter and that they returned a letter.

Maybe it's time for the band director to send them info on the FAU Marching Band? Admissions applications? Pictures of beaches and palm trees?

Michigan schools stealing football recruits from Florida and FAU stealing band recruits from Michigan…interesting thought  ;)

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

They do have a football team and more exposure for FAU doesn't hurt. Especially when a Florida Team comes up and beats a Michigan school. With winter the way it is do you really think those kids just might give it a thought. So if it means a kid playing an instrument or playing a sport getting the name out is far more important. The thing is they represented us and did a hell of a job ask anybody that was at the game.  ;)
Back to the top

I'm sure our band director has given them information about us since he sent them our fight song to play. And he also had people interested in where we were going to be sitting (if we had gone to the bowl game) because they were looking into colleges and wanted to join band. The bowl game was not only a recruiting opportunity for the football team but for us as well (if we could have gone). Oh well, there's always next year!

GO OWLS!

AEA
Back to the top

With the current state of the economy (ho-hum), maybe the band should begin a fund raising campaign to fund travel to a Bowl game (or other away game)?  Even if they didn't raise enough to pay all the travel, I would think if the band said they had raised 1/2 (1/3, 1/4) of the cost to go it would be more likely that the school  could cover the rest of the costs. 
Back to the top

The Band that Well Represented at Motor City Bowl

HOTEL said

With the current state of the economy (ho-hum), maybe the band should begin a fund raising campaign to fund travel to a Bowl game (or other away game)?  Even if they didn't raise enough to pay all the travel, I would think if the band said they had raised 1/2 (1/3, 1/4) of the cost to go it would be more likely that the school  could cover the rest of the costs.

Not a bad idea.
Back to the top
Control functions: