Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Frantz Joseph!

What NFL round do you think Franz Joseph will be drafted?

1st Round {-} [2 votes]
2nd Round {-} [4 votes]
3rd Round {-} [12 votes]
4th Round {-} [14 votes]
5th Round {-} [13 votes]
6th Round {-} [18 votes]
7th Round {-} [7 votes]
Not Drafted {-} [2 votes]
Walk-On {-} [1 vote]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

You must select between 1 and 73 options

Frantz Joseph!

OWL FANS!  I know that many of you do not like polls, but we must do something to make next season get here a quicker!  At least we have the NFL Draft in April!!!
Back to the top

Re: Franz Joseph!

He's going to be a late second day pick souly because of the Combine snub.  I think he goes to one of the teams that have been doing the most homework on him.
Back to the top

The said

He's going to be a late second day pick souly because of the Combine snub.  I think he goes to one of the teams that have been doing the most homework on him.

BUCS!!!!
Back to the top

Where is Joseph lacking? I know he plays a SBC schedule but he has also played against Texas, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Michigan State, Florida and a few other BCS schools.

What is he lacking that he isn't getting the consideration we were expecting?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

He is definitely not lacking–maybe a bit undersized–which does not mean crap!  Look at Zack Thomas & Teddy Bruschi–linebackers that excelled in the NFL and were touted as undersized!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Where is Joseph lacking? I know he plays a SBC schedule but he has also played against Texas, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Michigan State, Florida and a few other BCS schools.

Under the radar. Too many similar talents at bigger schools.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

It comes down to the lack of exposure that FAU gets.  Sure those national broadcast games during the week help but it's simply not enough.  There are exceptions though, like last year with Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie out of Tennessee State who was drafted in the first round by the Arizona Cardinals.  However, i'm sure being related to the Chargers Antonio Cromartie also helped him get noticed.

BTW, here's a good article i pulled up from the Patriots draft forum VIA the El Paso times with some clips from the game.  The article mostly interviews Frantz and Howard.  Apparently, Howard is pushing for a Nation vs. Florida game next year to the game's chairman.

Florida Atlantic defender preserves win for Nation - El Paso Times
Back to the top

Video of Frantz's interception and interviews with him and Howard.

AWSOME EXPOSURE.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

He is definitely not lacking–maybe a bit undersized–which does not mean crap!  Look at Zack Thomas & Teddy Bruschi–linebackers that excelled in the NFL and were touted as undersized!

GO OWLS!

I don't think 6-2, 6-3 is undersized for a linebacker at all, especially at around 245. I feel he'll go in the 3rd or 4th round. I remember Antwan Barnes from that other school…smaller than Frantz and he went in the forth round. Unfortunately, correct me if I'm wrong, he went to the NFL combine and looked real good. I think that's the only negative for Frantz. But I really do think he's a better, stronger and faster athlete.

His stock is definately up after the game:

Frantz Joseph | Florida Atlantic, ILB : 2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

prowler said

From that site:

stock up
Rated number 8 out of 149 ILB's
Projected 5th round   
Back to the top
Control functions: