Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Recruiting: Travis Jones "The Natural"

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: Recruiting: Travis Jones "The Natural"

Recruiting: Travis Jones "The Natural"

Kid moves like Gale Sayers
Back to the top

Talon said

Enlighten us…Please forgive me, but not sure who that is! ;D
Back to the top

Did you ever read the book or see the movie Brian's Song. A story about Brian Piccolo and Gale Sayer both played for Chicago Bears, good movie get a chance rent it. Gale Sayers was all over the field and had the ability to juke people and make them miss. The guy was incredible, you couldn't help but enjoy watching him play.

O.K. this might help I googled him here is some info:

Gale Sayers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This kid is a smaller & Lighter , Sayers was 6' 198 in the pros
Back to the top

An interesting side note:

Vinnie Henderson is related to the late Brian Piccolo who grew up in Ft Lauderdale.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Talon said

Did you ever read the book or see the movie Brian's Song. A story about Brian Piccolo and Gale Sayer both played for Chicago Bears, good movie get a chance rent it. Gale Sayers was all over the field and had the ability to juke people and make them miss. The guy was incredible, you couldn't help but enjoy watching him play.

O.K. this might help I googled him here is some info:

Gale Sayers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This kid is a smaller & Lighter , Sayers was 6' 198 in the pros

Brace yourself when you watch that movie, its the saddest movie I have ever seen.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Talon said

Changes direction like Barry Sanders!  Looks like H.S. found another diamond in the rough!!!!!
Back to the top

Another note on Sayers- brief but shining career on the field. The guy was like a ghost. You would see the defense seemingly seal off the run, and then all of a sudden there was this blur that burst through the line. The next thing you saw was Sayers 20 yds. upfield headed for the end zone.

"Beware The Talons... "
Back to the top

It is a shame he was hurt so early in his career, he was a fun guy to watch and your right now you see him now you don't and then there he goes
Back to the top

IMO:  If you are really going to watch the movie "Brian's Song" (which I'd encourage if you haven't seen it), make sure to watch the original version with James Caan and Billy Dee Williams, NOT the newer remade version.  
Back to the top
Control functions: