Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I don't undestand...Why does FAU Athletics online store suck?

Add topic

I always see the kids on Athletic teams wearing such sharp Nike FAU swag around campus, at the gym, at the basketball games..ETC.  Yet, you go to the logo shop, the bookstore, and the online athletics shop and it's the same old overpriced stuff from Champion & other low end clothing companies (I'm not trying to be shallow).  Why don't they market some of the athletics gear to the rest of the study body?  They would make a killing!!!! Kids are still buying a lot of the stuff from the bookstore and such.  You put it on the racks they will pay!
Back to the top

Re: I don't undestand...Why does FAU Athletics online store suck?

The said

You put it on the racks they will pay!

We already pay for it. $13.75 a credit hour so athletics can put those clothes on their backs.  ::)

But honestly, I love to buy FAU stuff.  They had some nice basketball stuff this past Sat, most of it only 10 bucks.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

The online store is managed by an outside third party. That contact, to my understand, is up for bidding soon though.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I don't undestand...Why does FAU Athletics online store suck?

smittysahoot said

The online store is managed by an outside third party. That contact, to my understand, is up for bidding soon though.

Maybe you Dirty Birds/Owlsgear guys can set-up a table in the lobby of the Lifelong Learning Center during the Athletics Tradition presentation of Freshmen Orientation. Students are there with their parents and especially if they get fired up from the presentation, may want to purchase some gear.
Back to the top

Great thought, Owlcountry.

But to my knowledge, outside vendors are not allowed at Orientation.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

this is correct!
Back to the top

why don't you guys set up shop in the breezeway?

RuhRauRega  - A.Smith
Back to the top

Setting up in the Breezeway has restrictions. My knowledge is two or three years old since I was in school, but from what I remember:
A vendor must pay to sell things in the Breezeway
A vendor is allowed only certain days, and if I remember, it's only the first Wednesday of the month
A vendor can't compete with on-campus contracts (i.e. food, merchandise)

This is done to protect students and protect the vendors at the university.

A lot of schools have provisions like this.

The best way to help the FAUDIRTYBIRDS.com and OWLSGEAR.com grow is to tell your friends and pass it through word of mouth and other outlets like Facebook and MySpace.

Back to the top
Control functions: