Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

No Austin Fitzpatrick...

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/stories/DRC_UNT_recruits_0203.158f84c5.html

He is going to UNT because it is closer to home.  Can't fault the kid for that.  He'll just have to spend the next 4 years losing to the Owls!
Back to the top

Re: No Austin Fitzpatrick...

Not upset by Fitzpatrick going to UNT. He appeared on the slow side to be a receiver and we are stacked at TEs. I have been trying to figure out whats going on with Byron Blake; he is a great athlete and has great size for a safety but come with a lot of baggage. I was amazed Shnell even offered him a scholarship considering his arrest for carrying a gun a few months ago along with his participation is a fight in Belle Glade that led to a shooting. I'm all for second chances though and if he can clean up his act I would be please to see him as an Owl. For his own benefit, however, it may be in his best interest to go to school outside of Palm Beach County.
Back to the top

OUCH!! He looked to be the big bodied posession receiver that we could really use.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Bob said

Not upset by Fitzpatrick going to UNT. He appeared on the slow side to be a receiver and we are stacked at TEs. I have been trying to figure out whats going on with Byron Blake; he is a great athlete and has great size for a safety but come with a lot of baggage. I was amazed Shnell even offered him a scholarship considering his arrest for carrying a gun a few months ago along with his participation is a fight in Belle Glade that led to a shooting. I'm all for second chances though and if he can clean up his act I would be please to see him as an Owl. For his own benefit, however, it may be in his best interest to go to school outside of Palm Beach County.

Not even being sarcastic with this comment….who wouldn't carry a gun in Belle Glade?  And is it possible to get through high school up there without getting into a few fights?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Bob said

>:(

Give the kid ONE shot.

And if he steps so much as a toe out of line Kick him off the team and out of school. I want FAU to have NOTHING to do wth this type of behaviour.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Bob said

>:(

Give the kid ONE shot.

And if he steps so much as a toe out of line Kick him off the team and out of school. I want FAU to have NOTHING to do wth this type of behaviour.

I agree 100%. The kid has an outstanding opportunity to turn his life around and re-invent himself. He can start fresh and he needs to take full advantage of it. One mistake and he is gone.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

No Austin Fitzpatrick...

Give the kid ONE shot.

Since tthe kid was arresested for carrying a gun, I don't think we want to even give him ONE SHOT. Sorry, corny joke, but had to do it.
Back to the top

Bob said

…considering his arrest for carrying a gun a few months ago along with his participation is a fight in Belle Glade that led to a shooting…

Well, guess the Troy fans will be all over this one, since we recently threw them under the bus for Jarboe!
Back to the top

Last I heard about Blake was that he had an offer from ULL which he accepted but due to off the field concerns the Cajuns decided to pull back their offer and he committed to FAU instead. Blake was also involved in a shooting. He was shot in the leg but was cleared by the police as an innocent by stander.

Fitzpatrick is no big deal, we have so many TE's and I didn't see him playing much. It seems as if Howard only offered him as a favor to his father

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Bob said

…considering his arrest for carrying a gun a few months ago along with his participation is a fight in Belle Glade that led to a shooting…

Well, guess the Troy fans will be all over this one, since we recently threw them under the bus for Jarboe!

Yup, but Jarobe was on his 3rd strike. Thats kind of why i was so hot about it.

Give this kid ONE CHANCE and ONE CHANCE only.

Even if he makes a minor screwup, boot.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: