Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU signs Rivals' No.8 linebacker in the Nation

4-star LB Larvez "Pooh Bear" Mars

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/breaking-news/story/887534.html

…shit.

Well, now we can have our strange-named linebacker (Yourhighness Morgan) go up against their strange-named linebacker (Pooh Bear Mars)
Back to the top

Re: FIU signs Rivals' No.8 linebacker in the Nation

HUGE recruit for them. I would figure that kid would be heading to FSU, UF, or USF. I cannot understand what FIU is doing right. They definitely have something going on.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

HUGE recruit for them. I would figure that kid would be heading to FSU, UF, or USF. I cannot understand what FIU is doing right. They definitely have something going on.

GO OWLS!!!

They built a stadium is what they are doing right.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

That is the big thing. It still amazes me that having a stadium can make up for all of the bad things that FIU has gone thru over the past few years.

If they pass FAU by and move to a different conference before FAU I am going to be very upset, not at FIU, but at FAU for dragging their feet for nearly a decade.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

That is the big thing. It still amazes me that having a stadium can make up for all of the bad things that FIU has gone thru over the past few years.

If they pass FAU by and move to a different conference before FAU I am going to be very upset, not at FIU, but at FAU for dragging their feet for nearly a decade.

GO OWLS!!!

Yeah, its coming to the point where I dont understand what they are waiting for…do what you have to do, and do it now…wait to long and it could cost us our program which is much bigger than the profits from the facitlities that the contractors want. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!!!

Yeah, its coming to the point where I dont understand what they are waiting for…do what you have to do, and do it now…wait to long and it could cost us our program which is much bigger than the profits from the facitlities that the contractors want.

I agree. It is bordering on absurb. Actually, it is absurd. We crossed the line from ridiculous to absurd quite some time ago.

Unfortunately I have this sinking feeling that FIU is coming up strong and they are going to pass FAU by pretty quickly unless FAU makes a move with the stadium and in a hurry. To make myself perfectly clear, this has nothing to do with the FAU players, but with the administration and all others who have made the stadium situation a topic of discussion with no results since the inception of this program.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

ESPN has Mars listed as the #79 OLB in the country.

FAU's Toney Moore is listed as the #120 OLB in the country.

It will be interesting to see who ends up as the better player.
Back to the top

FIU signs Rivals' No.8 linebacker in the Nation

The Stadium is KILLING us as far as higher profile recruits go.

No one really wants to play in Lockhart, it is the worst FBS facility in the country.

All the progress and effort we have made as a team is going to fade QUICKLY if they dont get this done.

All our competitors for recruits are using it against us. As nice as the campus and oxley is, we play in an open air warehouse.  >:(

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

How does Rivals have the kid at #8 and ESPN has him at #79?? That is a huge difference. Based on the fact that he signed at FIU I and really didn't have any other in-state offers, I am going to have say that he is closer to #79 than #8. I feel much better now.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

fauowls44 said

How does Rivals have the kid at #8 and ESPN has him at #79?? That is a huge difference. Based on the fact that he signed at FIU I and really didn't have any other in-state offers, I am going to have say that he is closer to #79 than #8. I feel much better now.

GO OWLS!!!

Rivals also has him as 4 stars but Scout has him as 2 stars. Further proof that stars ranking is a bunch of B.S.! How can 1 site have him at 2 stars and another have him at 4 stars? I say we meet in the middle and call him 3 stars lol. Or hopefully he'll run into our 6'9 300 lb OL and will be seeing stars  ;D

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: