Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Who has the best Class - FIU or FAU?

FIU
FAU
What are stars?
Who cares?
Decide it on the Field

You must select between 1 and 48 options

This guy obviously favors FIU:

"Mario Cristobal appears to have won the backyard recruiting war…"

Throws FIU at the tail of "The Big Five"

At least it isn't "The Big Three" anymore…….
Back to the top

Re: Who has the best Class - FIU or FAU?

I will say that their star recruit is Mars and he has severe academic problems.  There's a reason that most of his schools backs off him, including UCF, and it's due to grades.  He will be very, very fortunate to qualify.

I'm not just pulling this out of no where- he's an Apopka did which is very local and he definitely has grade issues.
Back to the top

Well, according to reports his test scores are fine, and he only has to take two courses in the Spring to qualify.  I've actually heard it's very likely the US Army All American linebacker will qualify…very far from severe academic problems.  Cincinnati wanted him, Kentucky wanted him, UAB wanted him, and Iowa State wanted him.  , had a strong showing there as well
Back to the top

I hope he does qualify, then we'd get the Pooh Bear vs. Yourhighness matchup we've all been waiting for.
Back to the top

I will say this about programs like FAU & FIU

You have to take a chance on a few of these type of kids to help raise the talent levels of the program, during any recruiting cycles - if you want to elevate the level of play of your program.

BCS programs can take a chance on a couple kids & it it's not as a big gamble, for programs like FAU & FIU they seem to be bigger gambles, only if you rely (too much) on these type of kids - it's about finding that balance.

Back to the top

I agree, Bytor. Programs like ours should take a few of these risks once in a while. I guarentee that if we landed this kid everyone here would be excited. That said, it really doesn't mean anything until 1. he actually qualifies and 2. he takes the field and performs. There are a thousand examples of ranked, hyped players who flame out…..much more than those who actually make it. For every 5 star QB, there are probably 20 Rusty Smiths who outplay them.  The "we out recruited you" crowd goes away as soon as the teams take the field, so let them have their fun now. I personally think FIU will be pretty good this year, but I have no doubt FAU will be better. I have back-to-back bowl wins, a 6-1 head-to-head record, a pro prospect QB, a hall of fame head coach, a returning star in Jason Harmon, etc. on my side. The other side has some stars on a website  ;)
Back to the top

FIU has been out recruiting us since their inception, you see it on paper every year, more stars, better players and it's proven in their on field dominance of us as well…I really wish we could put a win together against them but their recruits are just too good, look at Scout and Rivals, the proof is in the pudding, more stars, more wins. They own us.. :'(
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I hope he does qualify, then we'd get the Pooh Bear vs. Yourhighness matchup we've all been waiting for.

Morgan is 6-3 225. Will probably be 240 as a senior. Mars is 5-11 205.

I'm looking forward to that matchup.

Anyway, we've lost the recruiting match every year since 2001. You can stick that in our trophy case along with all the bowl trophies.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Yeah, I am really hating this star rating thing, just as said before, scout and rivals can not rate EVERY HS kid accurately, plus there is the drop out & no show rate, and then they are growing or not growing the year or two until they start playing, it's too early to judge these young kids. So we really have to wait and see…

remember, FIU has been always out recruiting us, but we are the ones with a championship and TWO bowl wins!!!!

I think coach knows what he is doing.

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

I definetly think that people put way too much interest into the whole recruiting/signing thing.  Nothing matters until these guys actually show up, practice, and then play at least a few games.  Football starts Labor day weekend for me, no sooner.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: