Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Report: Darryl Jackson to be named FAU OC

What Do You Think of Jackson as New OC

Great Hire
Good Hire
OK Hire
Bad Hire
Who?

You must select between 1 and 32 options

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

What Do You Think of Jackson as New OC

He's done a tremendous job with our receivers…no doubt about that…and he does know the system very well.
Back to the top

Re: Report: Darryl Jackson to be named FAU OC

He's young and a favorite amongst the kids. I think they will be happy so they will work hard for him.
Good choice
Back to the top

Works for me.  He has never been a coordinator, but he does have a lot of experience at a number of quality programs.  If Howard thinks he's ready for the job, that is good enough for me.  My question is now do they hire a QB coach?  Nord worked with the QB's, but Jackson has no experience in that area.  Perhaps he'll still work with the WRs and hire a dedicated QB coach instead.
Back to the top

He was overqualified for the WR coach position at FAU considering he was the same for Boise State and Arizona State.  He is a good coach that will likely get stolen from us…but hey, if he does leave that only means he was doing great things while he was here!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

interestingly enough… we have paid attention to losing our OC, obviously, but nord was ALSO our QB coach…

any word on who will take over as QB coach?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Report: Darryl Jackson to be named FAU OC

owl09 said

interestingly enough… we have paid attention to losing our OC, obviously, but nord was ALSO our QB coach…

any word on who will take over as QB coach?

Good point, Owl09. Who will be our QB coach? Maybe a young gun trying to get into coaching?

Jared Allen?! LOL

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

DJ could be a good choice, we're a pass heavy offense and he knows it well, we shall see how it turns out.

Bernie Kosar comes in to coach the QBs!!!  :D
Back to the top

I wouldn't be surprised if the QB coach is one of Howard's former QBs. I expect it to be someone that he knows very well, someone that knows his system, and someone who he has a lot of confidence in. Who better than one of his former QBs??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

i would love to see jared allen come in and coach our QBs

in my opinion, that's the ULTIMATE indication of a true "program" - having former players coming to coach, if they have not been successful on the next level

i.e. texas' major applewhite

last i heard, jared allen was coaching high school in his home state of oklahoma, am i way off on that?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top
Control functions: