Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USA Coach flips out!

ULL won on a last second 3-pointer but the USA coach want to review it. 

AEA
Back to the top

Re: USA Coach flips out!

USA Coach flips out!

lmao… pretty funny stuff

1) i love how the ULL* news station did not show the replay in slow motion or anything for us to see if it was shot in time… just TWICE at very beginning of the segment in real-time… hmmmmm?

2) coach arrow is absolutely correct… this is Division I… no video at the scorer's table?  the sun belt continues to baffle me… some schools have video, some schools don't, some schools have big video boards, some schools don't…. no uniform policy and this is what led to schnellenberger being fined in 2005 for a bad call during a sun belt football game

terrible conference

* - does it drive anyone else, besides me, crazy that louisiana-lafayette continues to refer to themselves as Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns… they take away the "lafayette" so they don't look like a "directional" school… they "are" "UL" not "ULL"… yet, ULM can't do it?  pretty hypocritical… considering a court ruled in the 90s that they both have to use they're city names because there is NO "university of louisiana"

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

owl09 said

* - does it drive anyone else, besides me, crazy that louisiana-lafayette continues to refer to themselves as Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns… they take away the "lafayette" so they don't look like a "directional" school… they "are" "UL" not "ULL"… yet, ULM can't do it?  pretty hypocritical… considering a court ruled in the 90s that they both have to use they're city names because there is NO "university of louisiana"

Yeah, got a chucke oout of that…Saw this is the game notes for the game they played us here:

"WE ARE LOUISIANA
In all references to our institution please use Louisiana for first reference and UL for
abbreviations. The abbreviation “ULL” is NOT an acceptable use of our name."

Notes
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owl09 said

Yeah, got a chucke oout of that…Saw this is the game notes for the game they played us here:

"WE ARE LOUISIANA
In all references to our institution please use Louisiana for first reference and UL for
abbreviations. The abbreviation “ULL” is NOT an acceptable use of our name."

Notes

Louisiana-Lafayette/Monroe, I could see why they would want to distinguish themselves in any manner from one another.  But if that court case is true then that'd be cause for real debate on the issue. Personally, I don't know if the hypen makes them a directional school but it does somehow down grade them in their perception
Back to the top

someone should send that to the ULM admin…

there is a court case somewhere that says ULL and ULM can not be UL… there is NO UL

i'm looking for that case.. i'll post it when it find it

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

WOW!

I think it's funny how everyone said we had the worst house in the Belt before the renovations, but at least we always had that monitor on the scorer's table.  I've been to La-La's Dome before and its kind of surprising they don't have a little screen at the table.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

BTW he did get the shot off.  This is a bad video but I think its pretty conclusive he no longer has the ball with :00.1 left on the clock!

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

UL people have told me UL is the University of Louisiana and that LSU alumni (who pack the Legislature) forced the city name issue because they did not want a legitimate competitor to LSU.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette, or UL Lafayette,[2] is a coeducational public research university located in Lafayette, Louisiana, in the heart of Acadiana. It is the largest campus within the eight-campus University of Louisiana System and is the second largest university in the state of Louisiana.

Founded in 1900 as an industrial institute, the university became known by its present name in 1999. The university is a member of the Southeastern Universities Research Association and is categorized as a Carnegie RU/H: Research University (high research activity), the only UL system campus to receive the latter doctoral distinction and among the top 5% of all U.S. colleges.[3]

In 1984, the then-University of Southwestern Louisiana (USL) received permission from Tulane University to adopt the name "The University of Louisiana." USL applied to the then-Board of Trustees for State Colleges and Universities (now The University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors) for permission to change its name to "The University of Louisiana," and on April 27 of that year permission was granted. The Louisiana Board of Regents quickly filed suit with the Board of Trustees, and on May 22, District Judge William H. Brown stripped the university of the name, upon which it reverted to USL. Immediately thereafter, the state legislature removed from all of the boards of higher education their historical powers over names of buildings, colleges and universities, and the legislature reserved that right solely for itself.
Back to the top

Holy all over the place Batman!
Back to the top
Control functions: