Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ground-breaking for stadium in March...

Add topic

…according to a line in this great article about OL recruit Chris Chappell.

"Ground will be broken in March, with the team first playing on the field during the 2010 season. For now, home games are played in nearby Fort Lauderdale."

http://www.nassaucountyrecord.com/articles/2009/02/13/sports/sports01.txt

I guess we'll see what happens over Spring Break…
Back to the top

Re: Ground-breaking for stadium in March...

Ground-breaking for stadium in March...

I know the topic is the stadium but I just have to say, this guy, Chappell, is one of those guys that flew under the radar and has not reached his peak. The coaches obviously see a lot of potential. Stick that guy in the weight room for a couple of years and he'll be deadly.

Back to topic.

If the coaches were saying ground breaking in March to recruits and their parents, unless the bottom falls out and something happens, I guess we can expect that.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Groundbreaking ceremony maybe….but real construction starts this summer.

Either way, good find.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

With what money (Naming rights?)...... ???....?
Back to the top

From the Nassau County Record? This sounds like one of those sweet things you whisper in a recruit's ear while trying to land them. I will believe it when I hear it from somebody local.
Back to the top

The said

With what money (Naming rights?)…… ???….?

Highly unlikely…

Will be the plan that they have forsaken, thus far, like an unwanted child:

Development rights.

But, rightfully so in some regards…alot of $$$ at stake going that route vs. sponsorship naming rights…

Regardless, time is up given the need to remain competitive in the current landcape of the conference, and the rest of the NCAA Div I arena…it's time to realize the opportunity that presents itself, and put the money aside.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Will be the plan that they have forsaken, thus far, like an unwanted child:

Development rights.

But, rightfully so in some regards…alot of $$$ at stake going that route vs. sponsorship naming rights…

I can't imagine development rights are worth nearly as much as they were two years ago.
Back to the top

Lago said

From the Nassau County Record? This sounds like one of those sweet things you whisper in a recruit's ear while trying to land them. I will believe it when I hear it from somebody local.

Exactly, we have heard how many classes come in saying they were told they would be the first to be playing in the new stadium?? Too many. I hope it is true, but I am not holding my breath.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Lago said

Exactly, we have heard how many classes come in saying they were told they would be the first to be playing in the new stadium?? Too many. I hope it is true, but I am not holding my breath.

GO OWLS!!!

Yeah, and if this is what's going on, then we're in danger of getting a rep as a school that lies to recruits.  I don't think we can afford that at this stage.  Take a look at the growing list of people Lane Kiffin is alienating with his slash-and-burn tactics.  Coaches are starting to say they're done with Tennessee.  And that's an established program.
Back to the top

The said

owlfan1 said

Lago said

GO OWLS!!!

Yeah, and if this is what's going on, then we're in danger of getting a rep as a school that lies to recruits.  I don't think we can afford that at this stage.  Take a look at the growing list of people Lane Kiffin is alienating with his slash-and-burn tactics.  Coaches are starting to say they're done with Tennessee.  And that's an established program.

I am surprised that we have not already earned the reputation. A stadium was promised to the first recruiting class and to every recruiting class since. If I was being recruited I would think long and hard about all of the smoke and mirrors and unfulfilled promises.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: