Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Great article on OL Signee Chris Chappell...

Add topic

This was also posted in the stadium forum, but deserves some attention here as well…great article!

Chappell signs as an Owl before the student body of Nassau High

"'Basically I prayed about it, and I woke up this morning and just felt like, to pursue my goals and reach the NFL level, I would have to go to FAU and be coached by legendary Coach (Howard) Schnellenberger,' he said after penning a deal for a four-year full scholarship to FAU while West Nassau's entire student body watched."

Difficult decision leads Chappell to FAU
Back to the top

Re: Great article on OL Signee Chris Chappell...

"Chappell plans to study either business management or criminal justice. He looks forward to being one of the first players to step onto FAU's first football field. Ground will be broke in March, with the team first playing on the field during the 2010 season. For now, home games are played in nearby Fort Lauderdale."

HAHAH yeah ok good luck with that

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Curious as to the source he is quoting on that statement - specifically in regards to March...but the latter is accurate.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Curious as to the source he is quoting on that statement - specifically in regards to March…but the latter is accurate.

I hope he's right and there's something we don't know but not counting on it

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

New Signee - Chris Chappell: 6'9" 300lbs

The kid has good footwork & good strength. 
Back to the top

That kid is a monster. At 6'9" 300lbs he is lean and muscular. He could probably get up to about 330 and still be in good shape. He definitely has the potential to be an absolute beast for FAU.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

That kid is a monster. At 6'9" 300lbs he is lean and muscular. He could probably get up to about 330 and still be in good shape. He definitely has the potential to be an absolute beast for FAU.

GO OWLS!!!

Without a doubt.

The kid will have a chance to develop into one heck of a player.  It will interesting to see how some of the other kids that have been here one or two year prior - are able to compete with this kid.  Another kid that will be special on the OL will be Falconner.
Back to the top

What a beast!  That's all I can say!  FAU has arrived–Chappell will help give Rusty protection right away!  We definitely need to upgrade our OLine, Rusty was rushed all year long!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Great article on OL Signee Chris Chappell...

Sometimes, not all the time, what ever caused the kid to be 6-9 could still be working. He could reach 6-10. Some of these real tall kids are still growing at 18 y/o.

He'll most likely red-shirt. Its a shame he couldn't play along side Spitale. That would be a heck of an Oline.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: