Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU - New Campus Recreation & Fitness Center

Add topic

Dedication for the New Campus Recreation & Fitness Center

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Story
Back to the top

Re: FAU - New Campus Recreation & Fitness Center

some nice pictures. I wish they had something like this when I was there.

FAU - Recreation & Fitness Center

Phase II renderings:

FAU - Photo Galleries

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU - New Campus Recreation & Fitness Center

illinoisowl said

Phase II renderings:

FAU - Photo Galleries

That looks awesome. 
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Phase II renderings:

FAU - Photo Galleries

I remember when the library was brand new & in the middle of no where & parking was definitely no a problem.
Back to the top

Bytor said

I remember when the library was brand new & in the middle of no where & parking was definitely no a problem.

Item #17 on the approved Capital Improvements Plan shows a $36,400,000 renovation of the main library sometime between 2011-2014.

Which is great because it's a nice place but the fixtures are a little dated. The entrance plaza needs to be redone, another entrance needs to be added on the north side, updated interiors like new carpet and signs, etc

There's a lot that can be done there. And at a cost of $36m, they probably do ave big plans for it.
Back to the top

The Rec Center single handedly can change the mind of a prospective students towards FAU.  This is a big deal, can't wait to see the Phase II.

The Library does need some updating, getting the rest to the standard of the annex and the same style as the rest of the campus will make it that much more of a center piece.  I also can't wait to see the new engineering building go up and see what they do with the old one near the library….tear down and put up a nice big new student union? who knows.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

The Library does need some updating, getting the rest to the standard of the annex and the same style as the rest of the campus will make it that much more of a center piece.  I also can't wait to see the new engineering building go up and see what they do with the old one near the library….tear down and put up a nice big new student union? who knows.

It's becoming a general education classroom building since they say they need about 2-3 more of those.

The SO is going to become the new Student Union. It's big and then when you put a ~$30m addition to it, the place should be as large as a Student Union at a major university should be.
Back to the top
Control functions: