Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Show it off, You never know whos a fan!

Display your FAU stuff in your work if your able!

I recently hung up my back to back poster in my Cubicle at my job. I knew of 2 or 3 alums" in my office but none of them were into sports and they were happy for the win but didnt really care about the footbal team.

Ever since I put up the poster in a lightweight frame, Ive had 3 other employee's come up, comment on the poster and Ive had 2 delivery men notice it and comment on what a great job FAU is doing. One gentleman knew about the 07 Bowl win but did not Know about 08.

His Comment????

"Wow, I guess this team is for real eh?"

He said he will now make an effort to go to the games next year.

Anyone still think paying out that money for the MCB game wasnt worth it?

GO OWLS!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Show it off, You never know whos a fan!

i get stopped all the time at work and out in public……..i love talking up the nest and the dirties……

ran into a few people that shockingly knew who the dirties were.
Back to the top

Can't agree more, I wish there was more FAU sports memorabilia out there–such as FatHead and collegiate websites!  You got me fired-up this morning and I just ordered graphics for the back of my boat!!  4 FAU OWLS!  That should get some mileage here in Seven Lakes, NC!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

boat graphics.....cool, what do they look like or did you just order the words?
Back to the top

Ordered just the words and designed how they would angle to the right like the "Key West" graphics on the side.  I ordered Blue letters with a Red shadow around the letters–against a white boat!  Should look pretty cool!
Back to the top

nice!  when i get a boat…..i plan on flying an fau flag on it…..down here its always gator, um, or fsu flags flying……GHEY
Back to the top

Champs in the Boynton Mall has some nice FAU hoodies…..got one yesterday for $20

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Show it off, You never know whos a fan!

Well, I have 3 FAU posters in my cubicle where I work. I also have an FAU banner at work. People ask me all the time about FAU. I even had some girls that wanted to go to the games. They all went to FAU. My art director went to FAU, but he's been a Canes fan since he was a kid; however, he put an FAU sticker in his office and has the N.O. bowl ticket signed by Howard.
I also have a 3 x 5 flag hanging from my balcony on Pine Island Road in Plantation. People can see it when driving by because it is facing the main road. I have the FAU tag on my car too.
I went to the N.O bowl in 2007 and I try to go to every single home game. Ah ! I also went to the swamp to see my Owls!. I might go to the game vs south carolina this year. I only go to probably 2 basketball games and 1 or 2 baseball games. I am more of a football person. I just enjoy this!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Nice job!
Back to the top

Homecoming 2008: On a plane from FLL to Dallas, I was stopped by a passanger who said " Go Owls." He lives in Washington and was in FLL for business, and didn't know it was FAU's Homecoming. He admitted that he didn't keep his information updated with the alumni office. He gave me his e-mail address, and since has joined the FAUNAA and is now getting the e-mails.

I was wearing my FAU football shirt at the gym (I also have a part-time job there) and one of the front desk staff members said his friend in Denton always plays with FAU on NCAA09 when they play. He said his friend's dad recently talked about never getting stuff from FAU, but didn't know whether is contact info was updated.

I gave him my e-mail address and haven't heard anything.

Point: well, two points:
  1. Wear your FAU stuff!
  2. Keep your info updated with the alumni office!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: