Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Interesting discussion about Frantz Joseph

Here on an NFL Draft Countdown messageboard

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1388644
Back to the top

Re: Interesting discussion about Frantz Joseph

Wonder why…

He is not listed on the NFL combine participant roster at present?

Listing

Back to the top

hmmmm some good things and bad things, but all in all im glad to see people talking about him

get the name out there…..
Back to the top

Interesting discussion about Frantz Joseph

Intesting. One of those guys comments that Joseph is lacking in strength and conditioning training.

"He does need to bulk up, but that is often an issue with small schools, the S&C isn't exactly top notch. He has the frame to put on a lot more weight. Wouldn't shock me if he gained a good 15 pounds after a year in an NFL S&C program."

I didn't think this was an issue at FAU. Whats the story on this?

People still think unheard of = small school.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Intesting. One of those guys comments that Joseph is lacking in strength and conditioning training.

"He does need to bulk up, but that is often an issue with small schools, the S&C isn't exactly top notch. He has the frame to put on a lot more weight. Wouldn't shock me if he gained a good 15 pounds after a year in an NFL S&C program."

What is the S&C?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

illinoisowl said

What is the S&C?

Strength and conditioning.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Lots of differing opinions on him. I still don't see the claim that he undersized. If he is a little light he will definitely be able to add size prior to the draft. Lots of guys are able to add 10-15lbs once they are committed to training for the draft. If he goes into workouts and weighs in the 240 range he will be good to go.

If as some people claim he could be moved to OLB he doesn't need to add much weight. Of course it depends on the system, but lots of OLBs are in the 225-235 range so he won't be undersized in a 4-3 if he is on the outside. If he stays inside he still can play at 240.

For those people that discredit his tackle numbers by saying that lots of his tackles are assists, that doesn't mean anything to me. Production is production. He is always around the ball and if his awareness and fundamentals were problems, as some have mentioned, he would not have finished the season with the second most tackles in the nation.

I think his stock is rising, but he is still a late round pick due to the stigma attached to players coming from lesser known programs.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

More high praise for Joseph.

http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blogs/railbird_central/archive/2009/01/31/future-packer-frantz-joseph.aspx

For those wondering on his size/speed here is what I have found. I am sure that we will see something more accurate when his workout numbers come out.

Height: 6-1  (I have seen him listed at 6-3 and 6-4 as well, not sure which is accurate)
Weight: 243  (If this is true I do not understand where the undersized comments are coming from)
40 speed: 4.73

If all of this holds true during his workouts he is in good shape.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: