Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Leo DiCaprio Likes FAU Logo

Add topic

I remember seeing Leo's mug a while back, sporting an FAU lid. Now I know why:

Leo DiCaprio Likes FAU Logo | Extra Credit education blog | The Palm Beach Post

Hey, more free press. Thanks Leo, we'll take it!  ;D

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Leo DiCaprio Likes FAU Logo

Leo DiCaprio Likes FAU Logo

Word up,

Looks like hes STILL wearing it too even after the photos were taken.

Someone from Admin want to call him up, send him a cap and plug him for Naming rights?

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

If anyone from the admin had half of a brain in their heads they'd call his agent and offer him 2 free tickets to a football game and maybe take him on a tour around campus and give him a free T-shirt and maybe another hat. What better way to get free publicity? Have someone as famous as him at a football game and it'll be sure to not only sell out but to make headlines and thats free press. You know the media would be all over it. But this is FAU and they can never think of anything like that.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

If anyone from the admin had half of a brain in their heads they'd call his agent and offer him 2 free tickets to a football game and maybe take him on a tour around campus and give him a free T-shirt and maybe another hat. What better way to get free publicity? Have someone as famous as him at a football game and it'll be sure to not only sell out but to make headlines and thats free press. You know the media would be all over it. But this is FAU and they can never think of anything like that.

Who's to say they haven't done that?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

How do I know? I don't know. But when the athletic director of your school comes up to you and your friends at a basketball game and asks how we get more fans in the seats, that gives you a pretty clear indication of the intelligence of the higher ups and the admins at this school. I'll tell you what, pay the Dirty Birds what you pay Dexter Lamont (whose job it is to get fans to the games) and we'll get peoples butts in the seats.

I hope they prove me wrong but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm not trying to be negative I love this school just as much as everyone else but I gotta be realistic

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

But when the athletic director of your school comes up to you and your friends at a basketball game and asks how we get more fans in the seats, that gives you a pretty clear indication of the intelligence of the higher ups and the admins at this school.

One way you can look at this is that they have no ideas. Another way to look at it is that they have ideas but they also want your feedback. What's working, what's not working.

Good ideas they've had include shirts, free hotdog/nachos to first 100 people, putting up the banners around campus, billboards on I-95 and of course, redoing the arena so it looks much better. I'm not sure what to put on the list of bad ideas. I mean, I don't think putting fliers up in the Breezeway does much of anything. I'm also not sold on mass emails over myFAU (at the same time, I appreciate that Athletics is covering all their bases). Having the baseball team on hand to sign autographs doesn't mean anything to most people either.

Fact is that we have apathetic students, an underperforming team and unranked "who?" opponents. It would be hard for anyone to squeeze blood from that stone.

For a start, I think searchlights at night would draw some attention, as would blaring music from the parking lot. That's not cheap but I definitely think it's a good investment. People would go, "What's happening over there?" I know that every single time I hear music echoing across campus, I go to find out what's happening.

Back to the top

Jab: They were asking your opinion.

Being in higer ed, we do this all the time. Even though we may know what the most economical way of doing things are, we always need to ask the opinion of the body we are trying to reach.

Ex: my school recently asked a senior student to sit on the senior gift campaign. Her input is valuable because we want to know what students want for their senior gift of $20.09.

But we know that what students want isn't what they will get.

Craig/Dexter, etc. may know what it takes to get people in the stands, but free beer isn't an option, per say.

He was trying to start conversation with you and see if any new ideas come up.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

What about inviting the guy to a baseball game vs UM or something like that. Offer they guy a Bball jacket and some other stuff. Get him involved and informed about who FAU is and its recent achievements.
I don't know if he is a football guy, but it seems he likes bball.
Tell the marketing dept to get few caps and send them over to him as a present.

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

what is he chewing on??
Back to the top
Control functions: