Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Softball: Potter Throws FAU's first No Hitter in Nearly Three Years

Add topic

Carrie Ann Potter (Stratford, CT/Stratford HS) threw the first no-hitter by a Florida Atlantic University pitcher in nearly three years on Saturday night. Potter accomplished the feat in FAU’s 8-0, five-inning win over Arkansas . The Owls got off to a fast start, scoring four runs on four hits in the first inning. FAU added a run in the second inning on a Blair Bodenmiller (Orlando, FL/Dr. Phillips HS) double that drove in Caitlyn Bliss (Lutz, FL/Manatee CC). The last FAU no-hitter was thrown in five innings. Kathryn Stauffer threw a no-hitter in a 8-0, five-inning win over Mercer on April 22, 2006.

An RBI single by Hailey Broyles (Pembroke Pines, FL / Pembroke Pines Charter HS) and a two-run base hit by Joshlyn Martinez (Coral Springs, FL/Coral Glades HS) provided the final margin of victory.

FAU wraps up Day Two of the Strike Out Cancer Tournament by facing Fordham at 8 p.m.

Source:  FAU Media Relations
Back to the top

Re: Softball: Potter Throws FAU's first No Hitter in Nearly Three years

Softball: Potter Throws FAU's first No Hitter in Nearly Three Years

Florida_Owl said

Carrie Ann Potter (Stratford, CT/Stratford HS) threw the first no-hitter by a Florida Atlantic University pitcher in nearly three years on Saturday night. Potter accomplished the feat in FAU’s 8-0, five-inning win over Arkansas.

Does beating an SEC team in softball carry similar weight to beating an SEC team in other sports? Probably not, right?

I know we beat #6 LSU last season… women are really doing a good job this year when the men are underperforming.
Back to the top

Re: Softball: Potter Throws FAU's first No Hitter in Nearly Three Years

Yes...
Back to the top

Considering that UF made it to the world series last year, I'd say beating an SEC team is an accomplishment. I think beating any school from a bigger conference is an accomplishment though. It shows that we can play with anyone
Back to the top

Thats the thing that sets softball apart from most of the other sports at FAU.  They play the top 25 teams and can not only compete but win.  Just glancing over this year's schedule I think we play at least 4 teams ranked this week. And one of those teams, ULaLa, we play 6 straight games at home!

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

UL-Lafayette is the only thing stopping us from a Sun Belt title

note: Softball goes to Vegas for a tourney next week and there will be at least four FAU fans from Boca cheering them on: Crash and Nina Taylor and Jim and Leigh Slowiak.

Crash helps build the bon fires and has been mentioned several times on Ted's blog. His wife Nina is the backbone of FAU football: the office manager. She's simply amazing. For those of you who haven't met her - you need to.

Jim and Leigh Slowiak are members of the Owl Club, and famously, Jim is the "Who Let the Owls Out" guy.

I asked them why they were going and they said "Why not? It's Vegas and it's FAU. It's vacation and we get to support the softball team."

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

FAUtuba help s out here "operation 100" on your avitar. I'm assuming it has something to do with having 100 members???
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

UL-Lafayette is the only thing stopping us from a Sun Belt title

note: Softball goes to Vegas for a tourney next week and there will be at least four FAU fans from Boca cheering them on: Crash and Nina Taylor and Jim and Leigh Slowiak.

Crash helps build the bon fires and has been mentioned several times on Ted's blog. His wife Nina is the backbone of FAU football: the office manager. She's simply amazing. For those of you who haven't met her - you need to.

Jim and Leigh Slowiak are members of the Owl Club, and famously, Jim is the "Who Let the Owls Out" guy.

I asked them why they were going and they said "Why not? It's Vegas and it's FAU. It's vacation and we get to support the softball team."

Nina and Crash are awesome. Nina and Crash are both BIG supporters of the DB's and what we do. They are just all around great people. Good to see that they're will be some FAU fans out there in Vegas. You know they're not going to sit they're quietly and mind their own business lol. Maybe it'll be good for the girls to see that Nina & company made the trip

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: