Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

You just won $125million from the Powerball! How much goes to FAU Football?

You've just won $125million from the Powerball! How much would you donate to the FAU Football program?

$1,000,000
$10,000,000
Nothing, I'm greedy.
The stadium would be named after me
Some other amount

You must select between 1 and 27 options

You just won $125million from the Powerball! How much goes to FAU Football?

Just wanted to see what would happen if an FAU alumni won tonight's jackpot.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Re: You just won $125million from the Powerball! How much goes to FAU Football?

I love FAU to death, but my out of state tuition was costly, and I worry that the city of Boca would still find a way to get in the way of my good intentions...forcing fau to build an upgraded 120 million dollar ropes/leadership course instead!
Back to the top

Let's see…

$125M X .50 = $62.5M Left after deductions, etc…

Definitely could swing a cool Mil towards the stadium! ;D
Back to the top

Let's just say that if I win Powerball, the stadium WILL open in 2010!
Back to the top

I have actually talked about this with my friends,lol. Of course I'd get rid of all my student loans, but I say I'd throw a couple million towards the stadium to make sure that it was built on time, then of course buy the marching band whatever they needed and who knows, maybe even give some to the school! lol
Back to the top

I think $1,000,000 up front would be in order with an additional pledge of $100,000 per year for any additional things like paying bowl expenses.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Is that really all that would be left if you took the lump sum? Man…

I actually have started to think about this idea of what I'd do with my winnings…. basically I'd use the majority of it to turn the area around campus into a college town area.

Some off-campus ideas I had included restaurants (i.e. "the Red and Brew", taking over the old "Grinders" restaurant), some bar projects my friends and I have been discussing (like a place called "The Union" across from 7-11 on Glades+2nd that would essentially be "an off-campus student union"), student apartment complexes (one called Campus Edge and one called Stadium Village with the pool done up to look like our football field, uprights and all), give you guys some money so you could open up an Owlsgear.com store (preferrably in University Commons), stuff like that. I'd think an FAU apparel store could survive if it was 50% FAU and 50% other collegiate schools (i.e UF/FSU stuff) until it could survive on FAU only.

On-campus ideas include donations to the stadium, sculptures, banners, pavers for the crosswalks, paintball arena, skate park, establish a film school with state-of-the-art equipment and studio space, stuff like that.

The only scholarships I would be interested in would be full band scholarships so we can recuit band members like we do football players.

Obviously I couldn't do all of this with only $65 million but you get the idea.
Back to the top

this is a fun topic lol. With the money left over after taxes i'd pay off my mortgage as well as those of the rest of my family. I'd probably give my parents a couple of mill & then maybe a cool mill or 2 to FAU based on a few conditions lol. 1) some of the money must be used to fix the baseball stadium. 2) rename the stadium or the field after coach cooney. 3) replace Dexter with someone like Crash where we know the FAU brand would be all over the place. If FAU agrees to those conditions i'd throw them probably $2 mill

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Florida_Owl said

The only scholarships I would be interested in would be full band scholarships so we can recuit band members like we do football players.

Great point!

I like that idea…they need it…
Back to the top

I have something like this in my Will. LOL.

After paying off credit card and student loan debt, ALL of the money goes to the stadium. The stadium is named Howard Schnellenberger Field - the field is named FAU Alumni Field - and the student entrance and the brick walkway leading into the stadium is the Rick "$mitty" Smith Brick Sidewalk of Tradition.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: