Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WKU "Runs" Past Owls In Second Half

Add topic

Brett Royster posted 15 points and 7 rebounds in tonight's contest

FAU Fires Back, But Toppers Offensive Consistency Pays Off

Back to the top

Re: WKU "Runs" Past Owls In Second Half

Jarvis comment from the Bowling Green Daily News:

Staying confident

It’s been an adversity-filled season for Florida Atlantic in coach Mike Jarvis’ first year with the Owls. FAU lost its 16th straight road game on Thursday and is guaranteed to have the worst record in the Sun Belt Conference this year.

But that hasn’t swayed Jarvis’ confidence. The longtime coach, best known for his stints at George Washington and St. John’s, said he’ll win a game at E.A. Diddle Arena at some point.

“They responded each time they had to with big baskets and that’s why they have the record that they have and we have the record that we have,” Jarvis said. “That day won’t be for long. There’ll be a day that I’ll be walking out of this place with a W, I promise you.”
Back to the top

WKU "Runs" Past Owls In Second Half

Love the confidence...
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Love the confidence…

You know, I do too.  BUT.  I just hope he puts as much passion into beating non-conference opponents as he does into beating us.

Beating the top teams in conference makes multiple bids less likely.

Beating non-conference opponents makes multiple bids more likely.

Hope he reads this board.  ;D
Back to the top

WKU_Slam_Dunk said

Florida_Owl said

Love the confidence…

You know, I do too.  BUT.  I just hope he puts as much passion into beating non-conference opponents as he does into beating us.

Hope he reads this board.   ;D

Agree…Let's form a treaty to never beat each other!

Wait, we can't do that… ;D

On a side note:

There's been talk of UF, and Duke possibly on the schedule for next season…
Back to the top

We have the Gators on December 19 for the Orange Bowl Basketball Classic down here, probably in the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

WKU_Slam_Dunk said

Florida_Owl said

Love the confidence…

Hope he reads this board.   ;D

Agree…Let's form a treaty to never beat each other!

Wait, we can't do that… ;D

On a side note:

There's been talk of UF, and Duke possibly on the schedule for next season…

Those are games that will help your rpi but will hurt Sunbelt rpi.  I understand why he goes for them though. And of course if he pulls off a miracle then more power to him.

I hate Duke so much.  They play all thier non conference games at home and basically all of them are on ESPN.  As if the rest of the country cares.  I was watching an Arizona St. game the other night and apparently Arizona St. had a player that Duke had wanted.  The announcer said something to the effect of "how good would he have been at Duke."  Uuuuhhhhh.  Yeah.

I hate Duke.
Back to the top

fauowl said

We have the Gators on December 19 for the Orange Bowl Basketball Classic down here, probably in the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise.

Could get quite a crowd for that one…far enough ahead of Christmas, and great level of competition to boot…
Back to the top

WKU_Slam_Dunk said

I hate Duke.

I try to shy away from "hate", an go more with "very strongly dislike"…but totally echo your sentiments!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

fauowl said

Could get quite a crowd for that one…far enough ahead of Christmas, and great level of competition to boot…

It will be packed.  Unfortunately for us, it will be mostly gator fans.  I went a couple years ago, just to watch some good basketball and every gator alum in south florida was there.  It was amazing.  We complain about playing football 20 miles from campus.  The gators can play basketball hundreds of miles away from campus and sell out.  Some day…
Back to the top
Control functions: