Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2 Former Bucs, 2 Ex-USF Players Missing In Gulf

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: 2 Former Bucs, 2 Ex-USF Players Missing In Gulf

Back to the top

I was just about to post this story up here.  Incredible that one of the USF guys has been found, hopefully the others will be too, but each hour makes it worse.  Congrats to the Coast Guard for doing a great job, I had choppers and the C-130 flying back and forth over the house all day sunday.  Talked to my sister last night and turns out she knew the other guy from USF, Will Bleakley.  My boss brought it his handheld VHF and we were listening to channel 16 all day yesterday.  Will probably do the same today.

The waves over here in the Gulf are a lot different than what you have in the Atlantic, we get a nasty chop with real short wave periods, when the seas get big they get STEEP.  I hope everyone comes home safe, and for all of us others that fish, take this as a reminder to be safe and respect the sea.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

I hope everyone comes home safe, and for all of us others that fish, take this as a reminder to be safe and respect the sea.

Amen…
Back to the top

Search called off.  Family members and friends headed out this morning to try and salvage the boat and search on their own for the remaining crew.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

2 Former Bucs, 2 Ex-USF Players Missing In Gulf

I just don't understand why four 250+ lb guys would go out 35+ miles on a 21 foot boat with 3 feet of freeboard with a huge front coming in that day.  You have to know what you are doing if you want to go offshore.  Just a shame, it didn't have to happen.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

God Speed...
Back to the top

It is a sad situation. The ocean is unforgiving.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

its sad dont get me wrong……

after listening to the personal account from the 1 survivor and reading about the story, i think there was something else going on out there, guess we will never know
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

its sad dont get me wrong……

after listening to the personal account from the 1 survivor and reading about the story, i think there was something else going on out there, guess we will never know

Would tend to agree with you Nunzio…i mean, as Dusky pointed out, who goes out in the middle of the Gulf Stream waters with a storm approaching…

Not passing judgement, and Hope no one surmises that with this notion…but, one has to wonder if "judgment was clouded" in some way?

Sad ending…
Back to the top
Control functions: